Mobile Lab Updated with Chromebooks
S9GS Library-Media Center
What exactly is a chromebook?
Chromebooks at S9GS
- Chromebooks are completely web-based and function by logging in with school Google accounts.
- Students will not have access to applications like the Microsoft office suite.
- However, they will have access to all of the applications within their Google Drive.
Logging in with School Google Account
Browse as a Guest
More about "Browse as a Guest"
When browsing as a guest, the student will not have access to Google Drive or have a way to create/save documents, spreadsheets, or slides.
Signing Out / Logging Off
If a student does not sign out, then other students will have access to their ENTIRE Google Account! Make sure students ALWAYS sign out.
Even if they are browsing as a guest, they must always sign out.
Directions for Using the Mobile Lab
Removing Laptops for Usage
- Detach the Chromebook from the power cord.
- All power cords should remain on the assigned shelf.
- Do not remove power cords from the mobile lab electrical outlets.
- Sign Chromebooks out to students on the provided SIGN OUT / SIGN IN Sheets.
Returning Chromebooks to the Mobile Lab
- Place the Chromebook back on the assigned shelf with the silver number facing out and to the right.
- Reconnect the Chromebooks to the power cords.
- All numbers should match.
- Lock the mobile lab.
- Return the mobile lab to the library after the 3 day check out period.
I am passionate about...
- Books - hand-held and digital
- Reading YA Literature
- Instructional and Educational Technology
- Gadgets, gizmos, and educational apps
- Helping high school students discover all of the above
I Believe that School Libraries are Innovative and Irreplaceable.