WHS Principal Post February 2018
Monthly Principal Newsletter
Dear WHS Families,
February Dates to Note:
- 2/14, Wednesday, Last Day for the Student Council- School Store
- 2/16, Friday, No School, D44 School Improvement Day
- 2/19, Monday, No School, President's Day Holiday
- 2/20, Tuesday, WHS PTA Meeting, 7pm, LRC
- 2/23, Friday, WHS Student Council "Superhero Day"
- 2/23, Friday, WHS PTA Trivia Night at Pinstripes, Oak Brook
- 2/24, Saturday, D44 Science Fair @ GWMS
WHS Winter Olympics
Valentines Day Information:
- If you choose to bring valentines for your child to distribute, please be sure to include one for the entire class.
- WHS teachers may have additional information regarding the distribution of valentines in their individual classes.
Student Council Coin Drive Results
Totals are in!! This year we raised an incredible amount of money for our Student Council Coin Drive! We raised a total of $1324.31 this year!! This will allow us to give a generous donations to the St. Jude’s Children Hospital . Every classroom and grade level did a great job bringing in their coins.
For the classroom rewards… In third place earning extra recess was Mrs. Wickler’s classroom with a total of $100.55. In second place earning a popsicle party and extra recess with a total of $117.56 was first grade classroom Mrs. Scully. And the first place classroom, earning a pizza party and extra recess time with a total $155.32 is third grade Mrs. Waldbusser.
Now, who will duct tape Mr. Danielski to the gym wall at the end of the year? This award goes to the top three grade levels. This year getting to tape Mr. D to the wall will be second grade, first grade and the top grade level was third grade! Thank you again to everyone that contributed to our coin drive and for helping raise money for the children at St. Jude’s Children Hospital!
Winter Weather Procedures
- Students will be outside for arrival and recess UNLESS the temperature (including the windchill) is below 10 degrees.
- Once the snow falls, students must have both snowpants and boots to play in the snow
- In the event of school closing, you will be notified via an automated phone call, email, and it will be posted on the D44 and WHS websites.
Registration for the Stars and Spikes 5K Run and 1-mile Fun Walk
One School One Book!
Be sure to fill out the trivia questions for each week. The answer form becomes available every Friday. We have also started to post the answers to the questions on the website.
PARCC TESTING for Grade 3, 4, and 5 Students
Below is a link for our WHS PARCC Testing Schedule. Essentially, we are testing in the two weeks before Spring Break (Beginning the week of March 12th, and will be finishing up by April 20th.
Save the date:
Traveling through the Humanities @ GWMS
February 15, 2018
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
All District 44 5th grade students and their parents are invited to observe the Humanities classes in action. You will have the opportunity to travel through the GWMS facility at your own pace to familiarize yourself with the layout for your future middle school experience! Current GWMS students will be demonstrating while Humanities teachers share information about their classes (Technology STEM, Photography, Industrial Tech STEAM, World Cultures, Spanish, French, Art, Consumer Science, Culinary Arts, Band, Orchestra). We hope this opportunity will be beneficial regarding the transition from elementary to middle school. Please join us for this exciting experience!