The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of November 12, 2018
What will you learn about the world by sharing stories from your life & the lives of others?
Lesson Plans DUE
Tuesday, Nov. 13th, 8am
- To the Gr2 Team: My Chat & Chew block is during your lunch period this week. If you would to dialog about any of our initiatives, share questions or just have a laugh...let me know!
- Our 5-minute Morning Mindfulness sessions take place daily! All are invited...the fun starts at 7:45 in the Media Center!
The Principal's POV on...This Month's SEL Book-talk!
I think we can all agree that this month's article was a perfect follow-up to our October PD day with Melissa Sadin! Personally, I found the section dealing with grace to be a very powerful reminder as we work with our students. We all make mistakes from time-to-time & we all have some days that are better than others...and we all (ourselves & our students alike) deserve some grace!
One easy way to communicate a sense of grace to our students is to hold a "high-five, hug, handshake" routine throughout the day! While this "greeting" is typically done as a students arrive each morning, imagine how this can communicate a "fresh start" to our kiddos after lunches, specials and as a way to end the day on a positive note! Jump in there and give it a try...and don't forget to share the results via social media, during a Chat & Chew, or as we pass in the halls!
THANK YOU to everyone that shared your thoughts on the article, on how our #EverydaySEL journey has shaped your views, and on the successes you have experienced with our students throughout the fall...and to everyone in the #BullockES community, look below for some STANDOUT quotes from this month's dialog!
News & Notes
November SEL Article: Don't forget to pick-up our November SEL book-talk article! Copies are located next to the faculty sign-in sheet!
November PLT Presentations: To our Read Aloud & Writing grade level PLT's...don't forget to book your release day! If you have any questions about what to present or how to structure your day, just let me know!
South Jersey Food Bank: Don't forget about our South Jersey food bank fundraiser. Money is due by 11/13 and dress down week is 11/13-11/16. Thanks!
1st Grade World Cultures UPDATE: For the remainder of the month, all 1st Grade World Cultures classes will be held in the Music Room.
Ms. Peale is rocking the BOOM! board for her kiddos!
Words to Inspire...
OCT Star Students
Enjoying pizza with our 3rd grade Star Students!
Words to Inspire...
You're the Best...Quotes from the Staff!
- A shout out to third grade teachers sharing how they run Guided Reading!
- Katie and Michelle thank you for taking care of us for our Holiday gifts! YOU ROCK!!
- Thanks to Tag for all you did for the FUNdations team.
- A big shout out the best 1st grade team. You amaze me every single day! Tag
- Theresa, thanks for all that you do for our teachers and students! Tag
- Thank you Mr. Bittner for setting up the Veterans Day reflection table.
- Thank you Ms. Evans for interviewing your grandfather for our Veterans Day Celebration.
- Thank you Laure for helping out with the luncheon.
- Thank you to our PTO and International Club parents for sponsoring our Veterans Day Luncheon.
Community events/reminders are in bold.
- 11/07: Veterans Day Celebration
- 11/08: School Closed NJEA Convention
- 11/09: School Closed NJEA Convention
- 11/12: School Closed Veteran's Day
- 11/19: Bulldog Buddies/SEL Meeting
- 11/21: 1:00 Dismissal
- 11/22: School Closed Thanksgiving (11/22, 23)
- 11/26: Gr1 Team Meeting
- 11/27: Gr2 Team Meeting
- 11/28: Gr3 Team Meeting & Parent Workshop
- 11/29: Special Areas Meeting