Cougar Canyon Library
What's New in the Library
In this months newsletter, I will share some of the new books that have been purchased for the library, as well as a couple of new fun tools to use with students.
Scholastic Book Fair
Other New Resources
- 100 Fact Books - these are wonderful non-fiction resources that provide 100 facts about a given topic, such as Shipwrecks, Extreme Environments, Mummies, Bears, Bugs, Ancient Greece, Archeology, and many more
- Biographies - Updated biographies on famous Canadians, celebrities, artists, etc. Some popular biographies include: Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Kaity Perry, Craig Kielburger, David Suzuki, and more
- Canadian Businesses - non-fiction books about iconic Canadian companies and talk about the history, marketing techniques and contributions to the financial market. The titles in the series are: Air Canada, Cirque du Soleil, Lululemon, and Tim Hortons
If there is an area of the library that you feel needs some new books, please let me know!
Collab Time for May
Check out the email in CC Staff to see what day or time will work for you and then reply to me with your first 2 time choices and I will let you know your time.
Please sign up by this Friday, May 10th, so we can book our May times. We are hoping to book a month at a time. Thanks!
- Read Write Think - this site provides lesson plans from K-12 on a wide variety of topics. The lessons are detailed and often provide graphic organizers to accompany the lesson.
- Freeology - this site has a ton of free graphic organizers that you can download and use with your students. The graphic organizers would work for a variety of subject areas.
- Sqworl - Sqworl is a website that provides a simple and easy way to visually bookmark a number of websites for easy reference.
- CC Library Website - the library website has links to a number of research sites, teacher resources, and the library catalogue. Also, if you would like me to add links for your research projects, I can provide a link for your class from the library website.
Coming Soon ...
The next newsletter will provide some ideas for encouraging students to read over the summer holidays and fun reading activities for you to use in the final weeks of school.
Enjoy the sunshine!