Kindergarten Kingdom News
Mrs. Johnson's and Mrs. Lawlor's Kindergarten Class
We are learning...
Math: We talked about days of the week, times of the day (morning, afternoon, and evening/night), months of the year, and seasons of the year. Ask your student to sing the months of the year Macarena song! We love learning with songs!
Science/Social Studies: We continued our "life cycle" study with the butterfly this week. We learned about all the stages of the butterfly life cycle. We made an interactive model of the life cycle of a butterfly using a marshmallow, gummy worm, Tootsie roll, and butterfly shaped cracker. Who knew that we could eat our way through it? What a memorable and fun way to study about the life cycle of a butterfly!
Our interactive, edible, life cycle of a butterfly!
When it's too wet to play outside...dance around inside!
Enjoying a favorite part of our day...Center Time!
Things to remember...
- Milestones testing for grades 3-5 will continue through next Thursday, April 21st. All volunteers should be out of the building by 8:00am each morning. Our Kindergarten students are doing their part to help the older grades students by moving around the building quietly!
- We are beginning our end of the year assessments. You will receive a final GKIDs report before May 20th.
- MOMs...please check your student's folder for an invitation. We will celebrate our MOMs on Thursday, May 5th, at 8:00 am in our classroom. (This will last about 30 minutes.)
- If you would like an end of the year conference, please let me know.
- Please pardon our packing! We have to get ready for summer rennovations by May 20th. Our classroom may start to look a little different (boxes stacking up, wall decorations coming down, etc.)
April 12-21: Milestones Testing for Grades 3-5
April 25: Progress Reports go home
April 29: PTO Family Movie Night- 6:00 pm at Kedron
May 5: Save the date~ Muffins for Moms @ 8:00 am (in our classroom)
May 6: STEM Day! (Academic Fair)
May 10: KIndergarten Bubble Day!
May 20: Last day of school!
May 20: Kindergarten Class Party- 9:30-10:30 am. Parents are welcome to attend!