Why America wouldn't be the same
● All settlers were granted freedom of worship.
● All settlers were both entitled to trial by jury.
● All settlers were encouraged to establish functional community relations, which included school systems and adequate housing. In addition, settlers were forbidden to do unjust harm onto Native Americans residing in surrounding areas.
● All settlers were to agree to the Articles of Confederation, and like the citizens of the 13 states, they too were exempt from Government-impost taxes.
● All settlers had to agree to the boundaries set forth in the Northwest Ordinance. They were forbidden from expanding past the set parameters.
● Slavery was forbidden in the western territories.