Top TEN News @ Weston
August 31, 2018
2. Picture Day will be on Friday September 7th. See the flyer below for more info.
3. Textbook Rental & Supply Fees are due by Sept. 15th. Please contact Rene Guzman in our office to schedule payment. firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Next Friday, September 7th, is our Homecoming Football Game at GCHS. We would like to show our GC Pride next week by participating in some Spirit Days. See the attached sheet to find out what your students should wear each day. Also, check out the MANY GCHS sports you can support throughout the week :)
5. Our monthly Weston Extra can be found below in the attachments. It has news about about all of the ‘Extra’ events going on at Weston. This will be shared at the beginning of each month.
6. Gleaners Food Pantry provides Weston Elementary with a limited number of weekly BackSacks to give to students who may be in need of supplemental food for the weekends. The BackSacks contain items such as individual cereal bowls, canned pasta, juice, crackers, and peanut butter. If you are interested in possible involvement in this program, please contact Mrs. Terry Miller, Weston School Social Worker, @ 317-462-1492 or email@example.com.
7. Our Success Groups for 1st grade begin next week. Success groups are a time that we ability group our students into small groups during Reading & Math time. These groups allow us to really focus on your child’s strengths and weaknesses to ensure proper growth. If you have questions about this please contact your child’s teacher. Kindergarten on Sept. 10th.
8. When we return from Fall Break we will begin using School Dismissal Manager. This online system will help organize our dismissal process. All GCSC K-6 students will use this for their daily dismissal communication. More information to come. Watch this video to learn more https://www.schooldismissalmanager.com/video.asp
9. We again will be selling World’s Finest Chocolate to help raise money for the classrooms and school as a whole! The Kick Off will be on October 25th. More info to come :)
10. Smithsonian Magazine has announced “Free Museum Day” is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 22. More than 1,250 museums across the country are participating in this event, including 18 in Indiana. Participating Indianapolis-area locations include: Conner Prairie, Indiana State Museum, Museum of Miniature Houses & Other Collections, and Rhythm! Discovery Center. One downloadable ticket is available per e-mail address and provides admission for two people on Sept. 22. Other participating Indiana museums may be found at smithsonianmag.com
Weston T-Shirt Orders Due Sept. 12th
Spirit Week to support GCHS Homecoming!
We will follow their dress up days with a change on Thursday for Weston. See all the events going on at GCHS next week.
Picture Day Reminder :)