1st Grade News!
Durham- October 14, 2016
If you need me!
Here are some ways to keep in touch with our room:
- if you need me, or have a question PLEASE call or e-mail (cell 816-507-0542, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don't forget to Like our classroom Facebook page
- If you are not on Class Dojo yet and need a new invite let me know
- Please send in your conference request if you have not already. We will be sending home confirmations with times on them!
- No School Friday October 28th and Monday October 31st
Jolly Phonics- This week we will be focusing on the double ss and double zz sound. Here are the words this week:
ox, run, from, buzz, cross, less, miss, crossroads
be, was, me, we, he, she you, your, come, some, there, they
Reading- Inferring- using our schema and information from the text to make a prediction. Inferring is a thinking skill not just a reading skill so we are talking about it in science also.
Writing- Opinion Writing using our collections:
- Stating our opinion
- Defending our opinion with reasons
- Creating an ending
Math- We are working on ways to subtract. For this chapter we are subtracting within 10. This is a great skill to practice at home.
Science- Our new unit is on Light Energy!