Moving Forward......BEEP! BEEP!
October 14, 2016
SUNSHINE DUES FOR SCHOOL SOCIAL COMMITTEE
The money collected for this will be used toward social events, staff wedding and baby showers, and cards.
PLEASE COMPLETE THIS SURVEY---SCHOOL RELATED INFORMATION
Survey From Dr. Honeycutt
Please take this quick social media survey. This survey will be used to inform BCPS staff of all professional social media being utilized to tell our district/school stories.
United Way Campaign-From Mrs. Clanton
10-18 Required Staff Training for K-5 teachers on Discovery Education 3:00-4:30
10-21 We will have visitors (Principal friends from other counties) coming to visit our
school and your classrooms. I know you will show them your best as you do each
10-24 Spelling Bee @ PHS 7:00
10-25 Conservation Capers 2:00
10-31 Halloween-no costumes-let's keep this day focused on instruction as much as
11-1 Shanda gone to State Distinguished Leadership Cohort Professional Development
11-3 Tim Lester (Pro NFL Speaker) 12:30-1:15
11-4 School Speech Contest 9:00//Book Fair Begins
11-6 Daylight Savings time ends
11-7 11:30 dismissal /Teacher workday 7:30-7:30
11-8 Teacher workday 8:00-11:00/Principal Meeting
11-10 Flying Higher with Reading and Math Balloon Festival and Educational Program
11-11 Veteran's Day
Chesterfield Faculty Meeting Dates -Mark Your Calendars Now!
Thursday, October 6th
Wednesday, November 9th
Thursday, December 15th
Thursday, January 26th
Thursday, March 9th
Thursday, April 13th
Thursday, May 25th
Friday, October 21st
We have principals coming to visit our school on this day and we will visit your classrooms.
This will be exciting and I look forward to "showing off" the great things going on in our school.
Balloon Festival- Flying HIgher with Reading and Math
November 10th- Balloon Festival 3:30-6:00
Balloon Rides Between 3:30-5:30 (must have signed parent waiver)
Katie Kath local illustrator book signing from 2:00-6:00
~Book: Come Over to My House By Dr. Seuss~
Pizza ($2) and Drinks ($1)
Free Helium Balloons and Animal Cups for all students to take home from festival
Book Fair-Sidewalk Sale
Grade Level Games in Math or Reading-Please let me know what you have planned for your activity.
Pinwheels for sale .50/.25 cents
Perky Pumpkin Contest-$$ to support Relay for Life
Mr. Warlick donated sweatshirts for all students!
Flying High as a Team!
We will fly higher in Reading, Math and also Writing this year as a school!
Team work really does make the dream work!
Illustrator Katie Kath
We have books for every child to take home with them this year!
Teacher Appreciation Days
Just as a reminder, the Duke Blue Devils will be home for the first two weeks of November Saturday. Since we had such a great response to our Teacher Appreciation event against Virginia on October 1st, we have extended the offer for our last 2 games. Our final home games will be against the Virginia Tech Hokies on Saturday November 5th and North Carolina Tar Heels on Thursday November 10th. Attached is the flyer with all information regarding this event and how to purchase tickets. Please feel free to forward on to your teachers and staff to access and take advantage of this opportunity.
To purchase tickets online, you can click the link below and use the promo code “TEACHER”
Thanks and GO DUKE!
Senior Account Executive, Ticket Sales and Service
T: 919-684-9008 • F: 919-668-1765 • Brittney.email@example.com
254 Scott Family Athletics Performance Center, Box 90558 • Durham, NC 27708
District Initiatives for 2016-2017
Let's do our part at Chesterfield Elementary!
- Customer Service
- Advocate for all students through the lens of equity
- Ongoing and Specific Professional Development: technology instructional use, instructional rounds, Ed Camps, Developing district leaders via a Leadership Academy: Principals, Teacher Leaders, Beginning Teachers, assistant principals, and aspiring principals
- District wide Anti-Bullying program
- Utilizing the Central Office Instructional evaluation for 2016-2017
- Establish BCPS Foundation with Charter Board members
- Continue to promote Burke County Public Schools: Family Magazine, VideosSee video, Postscripts, Putnam’s Pen, BCPS Website, Twitter, Facebook, & Accentuating the positive highlights . New promotion methods for 2016-2017: Movie theater advertisements, New Billboards, 1st Annual BCPS Foundation Golf tournament Corporate sponsors: Chartwells, Pierce, Pepsi, 1 st annual BCPS 5K race
- Introduction to Project Lead the Way: Engineering in Patton and East Burke
- Pilot Video Conference/Virtual classrooms: From Freedom High School to Draughn and East Burke High Schools & Heritage Middle to Hallyburton Academy
- Continue to improve Child Nutrition program with Chartwells
- Continue to promote staff education and certifications to add value to BCPS
- Continue to work with local partners to prepare our students for the work force and for further secondary education
- Seek input from Parents/Community/teachers via surveys on academic competitions: What to keep and what to go!: Science Fair, Spelling Bee, Speech Contest, Battle of the Books, Robotics, 3D printing, and others?
Data Room-Digital Data Notebooks
Digital data notebooks in all grade levels will monitor student growth throughout the year. We will refer to our digital data room and digital data notebooks this school year to help progress students to the next level.
Please update the data wall for your grade level and we will begin discussing the results of the latest Universal Screenings.
What are we about?
Mission: To teach children to learn, to grow and to succeed for a lifetime.
School Goals: To provide a safe environment where students can become critical thinkers and life-long learners with self-confidence and the ability to work cooperatively towards a productive life.