Welcome To Our Libraries!
Books, Technology, Events, & More @ Your Library
Read. Know. Grow.
The Bruce-Guadalupe campus has two libraries; an elementary library for Grades K5 - 5th grade and a middle school library for grades 6th - 8th. As part of the UCC campus, Acosta Middle School also uses our middle school library. Our two libraries are powerful intellectual and social spaces where students and teachers gather ideas, exchange points of view, and learn together. The library program supports a culture of literacy throughout the school community.
We believe that independent reading is an essential part of each student's learning and growth. Our students choose from the books they want to read and discover the enjoyment and power of reading. Finding the right book at the right time can ignite an emotional spark within children that motivates them to read more, understand more, and read eagerly. When that happens, the world opens. Everything becomes possible.
Visit the Bruce-Guadalupe Library Media Centers website often for information about books, resources, technology, and events.
Have questions? Need information? Feel free to contact us at anytime!
Building A Community of Readers @ Your Library
- The BG Library Program promotes the very best in children's & young adult literature with activities and lessons designed to help students become life long readers and learners.
- Library Program Curriculum
- Library Class Schedules & Calendar
- Library Expectations
- Policies & Procedures
Campus Library Media Specialist
- 4th - 8th Grade
School Website Administrator
K5 - 3rd Grade Library Teacher
Mission & Goals
The library media program at Bruce Guadalupe is based on the concept of free access to information that reflects the cultural diversity and the pluralistic nature of a global society. This free access is available to all students and staff.
In support of this concept, the program seeks to foster inquiry and learning by enhancing the instructional program through information literacy.
The ability to locate, evaluate, and apply information is necessary in order to be a productive citizen in our complex society. The library media center is the gateway to the array of information resources available.
The library media program is committed to the responsibility for ensuring that all students will become discerning information consumers and thereby perpetuate the goal of lifelong learning for every student.
Students are motivated and independent learners.
- Students successfully employ information literacy, technology, and critical thinking skills in subject-area learning experiences.
- Students are engaged in independent reading and inquiry-based learning.
The library is a powerful intellectual and social space where students and teachers gather ideas, exchange points of view, and learn together.
- Students and teachers have access to a certified school library media specialist.
- Students have equitable access to the library and its resources.
- The library provides access to high-quality resources in a variety of formats that support curricular and instructional goals and respond to diverse student needs and interests.
- The library facility is welcoming, with a climate conducive to individual and shared learning.
- Current technology is available and operable to support multiple learning experiences in the library and remote access to library resources.
The library program supports a culture of literacy throughout the school.
- Teachers integrate resources and information-literacy skills into every classroom.
- Teachers collaborate with the librarian and other teachers to optimize instruction and curriculum design.
The library fosters a professional learning community.
- Teachers, principals, and librarians engage in ongoing professional development.
- The librarian facilitates professional dialogue and networking among teachers, principals, and other librarians to support continuous improvement of practice.
Get Connected @ Your Library...All the resources, all the time...for school and home!!!
We Are Social! BG Libraries social media sites
Contact Ms. Klug
Location: 920 South 9th Street, Milwaukee, WI, United States
Contact Mrs. Ortega
Location: 1028 South 9th Street, Milwaukee, WI, United States
Phone: (414)643-6441 2735