Inside the mindsets
by:Evan, Laura, and Mitchell
High and low effort: the big risk
Effort is terrifying for two reasons.
- one reason is that in the fixed mindset, great geniuses are not supposed to need it.
- the second is that it robs you of all your excuses.
In the growth mindset, it's almost inconceivable to want something badly, to think you have a chance to achieve it, and then do nothing about it.
Grow your mindset
Questions and Answers
- They have to prove themselves over and over again, because everyday, new challenges come along, bigger and harder challenges.
Are mindsets a permanent part of your makeup or can you change them?
- Mindsets are an important part of your personality, but you can change them.
Can I be half-and-half? I recognize both mindsets in myself.
- Many people have elements of both.
- People can also have different mindsets in different areas.
Can everything about people be changed, and should people try to change everything they can?
- The growth mindset is the belief that abilities can be cultivated.
- It doesn't mean everything, like preferences or values, can be changed.
- The growth mindset also doesn't mean everything that can be changed, should be changed.
- The fixed mindset stands in the way of development and change.
- The growth mindset is the starting point for change.