Early Childhood Newsletter
April 18, 2019
CLI Engage Early Childhood Summer Conferences - These Professional Development Conferences will be presented at ESC-Region 6 by CLI Engage Staff Members free of charge! Click on the links below to register:
- #356095-CLI Engage Early Childhood Administrators Summer Conference
- #356097-CLI Engage Early Childhood Summer Conference for Teachers, Paraprofessionals, and all Staff Members who work with Infants, Toddlers, Pre-K and Kindergarten children.
New ELA TEKS Training- Make sure your teachers are ready to roll next year with implementing the new ELA TEKS . See this link for training dates and registration links.
Paraprofessional Workshop "Enriching your dedication to serve!" - Your Paraprofessionals are invited to attend this free workshop at ESC 6 on April 25th from 8:00-4:00. This is a great opportunity to learn and sharpen skills. See this link for information.
RTI Summer Conference- Join us for a two-day conference to dive into all things related to Response to Intervention. There will be two guest speakers and multiple breakout sessions. Register here
(This workshop is open to all grade levels, but is not included in the Early Childhood Collaborative Free Trainings)
- Pre-K Students- Remember, Pre-K students must be assessed before the end of the school year. Beginning of the year and end of the year data must be submitted to the ECDS State Reporting System by July 18, 2019. Teachers should take this opportunity to assess each student's overall growth for the year. Teachers should be strongly encouraged to share this information with parents.
- Kindergarten Students- Beginning of the year data should have already been submitted into the ECDS System for Kindergarten Students. No EOY State Reporting is required.
- First Grade Students should have already been screened for Dyslexia at the end of January.
- Kindergarten students must be screened for Dyslexia before the end of the school year.
For guidance on administering dyslexia screeners, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Dyslexia Screener data should be documented and kept in District files for auditing purposes.