September Happenings at FME
September 1st, 2023
Message from the Principal
Dear FME Families,
It has been a wonderful start to this school year with our favorite Wildcats! August was fun, but we're gearing up for even more learning and exciting times in September. With September comes all things fall and football. Speaking of football... one of our favorite traditions at Frances Meeks is Wildcat Friday! Every Friday we wear our Wildcat gear and even get visits from RHHS teams during home games. It is so special watching our students cheer, smile, and chant as the teams visit each hallway. We love showing our Wildcat pride!
Thank you for all of your support and for making FME the place to be! It is an honor to serve our families each and every day! Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of any assistance.
Brittney Mobley, Principal
Christine Bill, PK-2 Assistant Principal
Matthew Landolt, 3-5 Assistant Principal
- Lunch Guests- We are excited to welcome back lunch guests! We will welcome lunch guests during one designated week per month after Labor Day. Parents/Guardians will be able to choose one day during the week to enjoy lunch with their child. If at all possible, we do ask that siblings not attend as lunch guests. Our first designated week will be September 18-22.
- Considerations for Lunch Guests
- All lunch guests must be on your child's white card.
- We ask for one lunch guest per child per visit due to space limitations.
- Please plan on visiting for lunch just one day of the designated week.
- Ensure you closely look at the schedule for designated weeks. We will only be able to accommodate lunch guests on the scheduled weeks.
- All guests will be required to sign in at the front office and wear a visitor's badge while on campus.
- All visitors will eat with their child at a designated area in the lunchroom. Due to space and safety, only your child will be permitted to eat lunch with you. Your child's friends will not be permitted to join lunch with you.
- No outside food will be permitted during your visit.
Meet Your Counselors
We have two wonderful Counselors to serve our Wildcats. Mrs. Dawn Williams serves our PK-2 students, and Mrs. Catherine Dunbar serves our 3-5 students. If they can be of any assistance to you, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Mrs. Williams: email@example.com
Mrs. Dunbar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips from Your ILTs
Did you know we have two Instructional Lead Teachers who serve our staff at Frances Meeks? Mrs. Shelby Grizzard and Mrs. Sara Spurlin help ensure we are providing instruction at the highest level. One of our schoolwide goals is to improve student Lexiles. Our goal is for every Wildcat to be successful! Here are some helpful tips you can use at home.
Easy Ways to Support Our School
We are thankful to partner with Publix and Box Tops to help provide our teachers and students with resources. Please get connected and support our school... it doesn't get any easier than this!