Hydroelectricity is the term referring to electricity generated by hydropower the production of electrical power through the use of the gravitational force of falling or flowing water.
What it does
- Most widely-used renewable source of energy
- Is made from moving water
- Has been used for thousands of years
- Hydroelectricity power is using water to make energy
- 24 percent of the worlds energy is used by hydroelectricity
- They supply more than 1 billion people with power
- Hydroelectric power is one of the oldest methods of producing power
Advantages to Hydroelectric power
- Fuel is not burned so there is not much pollution
- Water to run the power plant is from all the rain in the nature.
- Hydro power plays a huge role in reducing green house gas emissions.
- There technology you can rely on.
How hydroelectricity works
Why ours is better
- Ours is better because when it rains our power plant runs and your Battery powered veichles you have to plug it in to charge it and ours just runs on water.
- Your Battery powered veichles have to be charged to run and ours does not.
Battery powered cars
- It produces about 607 grams of co2
- About 1.3 pounds.
That is why hydroelectric is better than Battery powered cars