Whitley Road Elementary School
Week 13, November 16 - 20, 2015
Amy @ AIE Conference for TAIS Monday - Wednesday
See SIT Timelines/Deadlines below from AP
SIT Team Meetings
Charlie off Campus - PM
Team Planning during embedded PD
Charlie - Mtg 2:00 - 5:00
Faculty Meeting - Instructional Rounds
Amy - Title I Mtg - AM
From your Principal
Reminder from last week -
Independent Guided Reading Level Charts
K - 4 classroom teachers -
Please upload your Independent Reading Levels (color chart) to the google folder below. Save your document in the following format:
Last Name_2nd six weeks
for example -
Erb_2nd six weeks
If you are new to google drive, remember that you MUST be using your Keller ISD google account, not your personal account. If you attempt to upload your document and you get an error message stating that you do not have access, verify that you are using your Keller account.
MOY Data Talks will be coming soon. I will begin scheduling them during conferences. We will look at how many of your kids are on target for learning.
SPOT Checks for binder checks coming soon.
From the Social Committee -
Teachers and Staff,
The faculty Christmas party is scheduled for December 4, 2015. So far the only place that has an opening for a large group is Catfish and Company in Hurst. The second option is to have a house party or if you live in a community that has a “Recreation Area” that you can reserve for a party. I had about 30 replies to the survey and will need a head count by Friday if you would like to invite your spouse or significant otherJ to the party.
A lot of the restaurants have already booked up. If we choose a house party, we could still cater in dinner.
Any other thoughts or suggestions are welcomed.
Janie's youngest daughter got 2nd Place in her age group and her oldest got 1st Place in her age group! Janie got 12th place in her group...AND - she improved her time from my last 5k (Running Scared)!
Strong Father's Bring Your Dad to School Day was a GREAT SUCCESS
From your Assistant Principal
WRES Thanksgiving Lunch
· Thanksgiving lunch is this Wednesday. The cafeteria will serve only one entrée on November 18th (Please make sure to share this with students and families. Sometimes, students are upset at the fact that only one entrée is served). This will be the yearly Thanksgiving Lunch for students and families. Carolina will follow up with additional information.
· I have scheduled another day for SITs, as mentioned on Thursday’s email titled “Tidbits and Information” , due to need. Please follow outline below. We have an extremely short turnaround for the second SIT day, therefore, it’s imperative that we follow the timeline below.
· Last day for referral, Monday, November 16th
· Parent conferences by Wednesday, November 18th.
· Email intervention logs to Charlie by Thursday, November 19th.
· SIT day two, Friday, November 20th.
· Our monthly fire drill is scheduled for Thursday, November 19th.
From your Librarian
Library Lingo for the week of 11-16-15
The new log-in credentials for PebbleGo are:
The district has invested $30,000 for the elementary schools to have access to PebbleGo. If you like this database, be sure to use it because the district will be looking at the usage data at the end of the year to see if our school should continue to have access.
This is also the case for Tumblebooks, which is a database of books that students can listen to books being read aloud or they can read independently. 2nd, 3rd & 4th recently learned how to get to Tumblebooks via KCloud, so they should be familiar with Tumblebooks. There are no log-in credentials needed when accessing the database through KCloud. Usage of this database will also be looked at for renewal reasons. In order to keep a database around, we need to prove that we are using them!
When you bring your class to the library this week, students will get to have a hands-on experience looking at items in the Pilgrim traveling museum that will be set up.
Whitley Road Elementary School
WRES Campus Website
WRES PTA Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007883744972