Miss Niedringhaus January 19, 2016
1-22-16: Spelling Week 18 Test
- Please remember that we are taking shoe donations right now! Send in your new or gently worn shoes!
- We are still taking collections for our Mexican Fiesta Raffle Basket. Our room is also in need of a basket of some sort for our items! Please send in items for our basket!
- Today is the kickoff for our blood drive. The blood drive will be January 28, 2016.
- Today is also the kickoff for Jump Rope for Heart! Please pledge with your students!
- Homework must be completed on Schoology! If it is not turned in, students will have to stay in for recess!
· Describe how characters in a story respond to major events and challenges.
· Identify the main purpose of a text, including what the author wants to answer, explain, or describe.
· Acknowledge differences in the point of view of characters, including by speaking in a different voice for
each character when reading dialogue aloud.
· Recount stories, including fables and folktales and determine the central message.
· Describe the overall structure of a story, including describing how the beginning introduces the story and
how the ending concludes the action.
· Write opinion pieces in which they introduce the topic or book they are writing about, state an opinion,
supply reasons that support the opinion, use linking words to connect opinion and reasons, and provide a
concluding statement or section.
· With guidance and support from adults and peers, focus on a topic and strengthen writing as needed by revising and editing.
Spelling/Phonics: Vowel –er-
nerve, clerk, herd, father, under, numbers, mother, perfect,
after, paper, jerky, over, different, slumber, better, October
Vocabulary: conclude, dialogue, riddle
Text: I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato, A Fruit is a Suitcase for Seeds, Eating Right with MyPlate: Healthy Snacks, Everybody Bakes Bread
Math: Topic 9: Subtracting Two-Digit Numbers
Lessons Include: Subtracting on a Number Line
Using Addition to Check Subtraction
Ways to Subtract
Problem Solving: Two-Question Problems
Topic 9 Review