Roberts Middle School
Aviator Agenda: October 12-16
Go Aviators - Go Astros
Shift in Mindset: How to Win-Win at Roberts?
In life and in our profession, we want to be the best that we can be. What does it take to be the best version of yourself? To win in life, another person does not have to lose. We think about succeeding in terms of someone else failing--that is, if I win, you lose; or if you win, I lose. In Stephen Covey's book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, chapter 4 is titled “Think Win-Win”. Stephen Covey describes, “win-win” as a cooperative arena, not a competitive one. Win-win is a shift in mindset, where we constantly need to seek mutual benefit in all human interactions. Win-win means agreements or solutions are mutually beneficial and satisfying.
At Roberts we will constantly strive to be the best. I challenge you this week to look within yourself to see how you are helping our students to get better. We have to reevaluate how we look at our students. All of Roberts' kids are our students. We need to focus on overall academic performance rather than individual classroom performance. Roberts’ Destination Time provides us with the opportunity to look at the student as a whole and tailor instruction based on each student’s needs. In order for this process to succeed, we must be willing to contribute our individual talents to promote a culture of cooperative learning.
Thank you for coming out this Friday to our first Roberts Social. I appreciate you guys so much. Work should be fun! I was so excited that we were able to laugh and enjoy our time together!
Focused Walkthrough: Checking for Understanding
Checking for understanding often and effectively gives teachers the opportunity to improve learning based on student responses throughout the learning process and adjust instruction based on students’ errors and misconceptions.
Checking for understanding will be our instructional focus for the next three weeks and Instructional Rounds on 12/7. The essential questions below will guide our walkthroughs.
- With what frequency are teachers checking for understanding during instruction?
- Are teachers using a variety of methods to check for understanding during instruction?
- How useful are the methods teachers are using to check for understanding during instruction?
Pasadena ISD: Top 150 in Houston to Work
Flight Itinerary: October 12-16
Bullying Prevention Awareness Month
- Writing CBA
- Social Studies CBA
- Admin Staffing
- Reading CBA
- Touchdown Tuesday
- Parent Volunteer Breakfast
- 10:15-11:13 6th Grade Social Studies PLC
- 12:53-1:51 5th Grade Social Studies PLC
- 1:55-2:53 5th Grade Math PLC
- 2:57-3:55 6th Grade Math PLC
- Math CBA
- Telpas Certificates Due
- 10:15-11:13 5th Grade Science PLC
- 12:53-1:51 6th Grade Science PLC
- 1:55-2:53 6th Grade Reading PLC
- 2:57-3:55 5th Grade Reading PLC
- Science CBA
- Passionately Pink Thursday
- Refrigerator Money for Permit is Due
- Cosco Reps in Teacher Lounge
- Report Cards: Grades Due at 4pm
Do you want to wear your favorite football shirt with jeans every Tuesday? Now you can, by paying $20 to Sylvia. This promotion will last all the way until the end of this year.
We will be allowing our students to wear their favorite football shirt every Tuesday for $1.