September 4, 2023
In This Issue:
- From Mrs. Barry
- New Phone System
- Curriculum Night
- Get Involved!
- iCode Spirit Gaming Event
- Future Spartan Night at Stratford Volleyball
- Student Badge Reminder
- Car Rider REMINDERS!
- Health Fitness
- Stratford Market Days
- Should I Refer my Child for Gifted & Talented Services?
- From our Counselors - Core Characteristics
- MWE Calendar of Events
- MWE Master Schedule
- MWE One-Pager
- All Things PTA
- Library Volunteer Sign Up
- Project Study
- Save the Date
- Introducing "The BIG FORM"
- PTA Chair Positions
- Walk & Roll to School Day
- Family Point Luncheon
From Mrs. Barry
As part of our back-to-school work, we annually review MWE's Discipline Management Plan, which is aligned to the district's plan. This over-arching document, which can be found below, includes:
- Our Values
- Parent Protocols
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Behavior Intervention Strategies
- Procedures for Discipline Referrals and Actions
- Levels of Violations of Student Behaviors
- Monitoring of Data to Refine Practices
Along with this, each individual grade level reviewed and revised their own discipline management plans to align with the campus plan. As a campus, we also reviewed our discipline flowchart, which clearly delineates teacher-managed versus office-managed behaviors and the steps to take for each. Both the flowchart and the team plans are aligned to our campus and district processes.
If you have questions or concerns about our discipline processes and protocols, we ask that you begin with your child's teacher. To access the student code of conduct, visit the Spring Branch ISD website at:
We appreciate your support in helping us provide a safe and appropriate learning environment for all of our Eagles!
We are better together.
New Phone System
Meadow Wood has a new automated phone system! Callers will now get a menu of choices:
- For Spanish, press 1 (Espanol)
- For the Nurse, press 2 (Nurse Nicole)
- For the Registrar, press 3 (Susan Snelling)
- For the Administrative Assistant, press 4 (Yvette Olvera)
- For the Counselors, press 5 (Lynne Luberger or Pat Waldrop)
- For the CIS Liaison, press 6 (Garrett Wolf)
- For the Operator, press 0 (Front Desk/Kristin Cox)
This will help us get you connected to the appropriate person much more quickly and efficiently!
We love having parents and other family member volunteers here at Meadow Wood Elementary. We think it is important for our school’s overall success and cohesion as a community. If you are interested in volunteering in any capacity (Watch Dogs, Hands on Science, in the classrooms, field trips) you will need to fill out a volunteer form for this year. If you filled out a form last year, it would expire in October, so get ahead and fill one out now and it will last you for the rest of the year.
Fill out your Volunteer Application – https://volunteer.springbranchisd.com/
Spring Branch ISD has a wonderful mentoring program that allows students to be paired up with a member of the community. This is a great opportunity to have an extra person in your student’s life is rooting for them and encouraging them to grow. We had a great program last year and will look to further improve on it this year. If you and your student are interested, please fill out the application (below).
If you have any questions about the mentoring program or volunteering, please contact our CIS representative Garrett Wolf at email@example.com
Future Spartans Night at Stratford Volleyball
Stratford High School Volleyball invites all of the students from Meadow Wood to our “Future Spartans Night” next Tuesday, September 5th. We play Kingwood at home in our main gym at 4:00 (freshman), 5:00 (JV), and 6:00 (varsity). Go Spartans!
Student Badge Reminder
We have provided each student with an SBISD lanyard. If you would like to provide your child with a different lanyard, it must be the "break-away" type. We suggest you have your child put his/her badge in his/her backpack as soon as you get home so they will have it for the next day! Thank you for your help with this!
Car Rider REMINDERS!
Great News! All requests for car rider tags have been processed. For safety and security purposes, it is important that you use this year's car tags only (2023-24). You can discard last year's tags.
In order to help expedite the car rider line in the afternoons, hang tags should be displayed from the mirror all the way through the line. Beginning September 5th, you MUST have your car tag in order to receive your child from the car rider line. If you do not have your tag, you will need to park, come inside, and show your ID to receive your child.
As a reminder, at dismissal parents picking up students in PK, Kinder, or 1st grades should use the inside lane and parents picking up students in 2nd - 5th grades should use the outside lane. If you have a child in multiple grade levels, please use the line of your youngest student. Thank you!
Stratford Market Days
The Stratford Class of 2026 is hosting Stratford Market Days again this year on Friday September 29 and Saturday September 30, 2023. Last year we expanded to a two day event with a featured VIP evening. It went so well that we are doing it again this year. Here are the details:
Stratford Market Days will be on Friday September 29 (VIP Event from 5:30 - 8pm) and on Saturday September 30 from 9am to 1pm - open to everyone. The Friday evening VIP Event will be a ticketed event with food, music and a special raffle only for those in attendance.
Stratford Market Days is a community event as well as a fundraiser for the Class of 2026. Vendors keep 100% of their profits and the vendor booth fee is the fundraising side. We offer two opportunities for community members to participate; a Friday & Saturday (indoor) option or a Saturday (outside) option.
This is an amazing community event and we would love to have you as a vendor. There are only 34 spots available for the Friday/Saturday ticket price, but spots are available for up to 100 vendors on Saturday. Because this is a fundraiser, the Friday night event will not be open for discounted prices (ie, booster clubs or Stratford student booths)
The VENDOR FORM is attached here and it has all the details including prices:
From our Counselors - Core Characteristics
The months of August and September are all about being Academically Prepared. SBISD believes that, Every Child Every Child finds joy in learning, has a learner’s mindset and is motivated and equipped with the knowledge, skills and competencies to succeed in life. In a T-2-4 ready graduate this looks like a child who:
- Develops strong literacy, numeracy, scientific, technology and reasoning skills. Learning to use number sense and reasonableness to solve problems.
- Actively engages in learning with effective study and time management skills. Understanding the benefits of being organized, discovering how they learn best, and practicing and developing good study habits.
- Maximizes learning in and out of the classroom. Learning and applying skills that they enjoy using in and out of their classroom.
As a family, review what Responsibility means and how it looks at home. Choose 1 household chore (or more!) that requires multiple steps. Then have each member of the family select 1 step to complete to help get the job done! Maybe it is washing the dishes, doing laundry, cleaning the living room, or unloading the groceries - whatever it is, see who can be the quickest or most effective at their task!
MWE Calendar of Events
Reminder: Every week we have T-2-4 Tuesday - students are encouraged to wear their favorite college or military shirt. Fridays are MWE Spirit Day! Wear your Eagle attire!
First day for lunch visitors
Future Spartan Night - Stratford Volleyball
Toddler Time - Library 11 a.m.
Curriculum Night - Grades 3-5 - 5:30 p.m.
Curriculum Night - Grades PK-2 - 5:30 p.m.
EARLY DISMISSAL - 12:00 noon
No campus visitors today, please!
Family Point closed today.
CIT Meeting - 3:30 p.m.
Watch D.O.G.S. Pizza Night - 5:30 p.m.
Family Point closed today.
Progress reports go home
MWE Master Schedule
ALL THINGS PTA
Everything you need to know can be found on our website at www.mwepta.com
- Library Volunteer sign ups are open – sign up HERE!
- Project Study Applications due September 22nd. More information HERE.
- Save the Date
- Watch D.O.G.S. Pizza Night – Thursday, September 21st
- Family Point Resources Annual Fundraising Luncheon – Thursday, September 21st
- Walk to School Day – Wednesday, October 4th
- 1st School Store – Wednesday, October 11th
- Next PTA Meeting – Wednesday, October 11th
- Eaglefest – MWE Carnival – Friday, October 20th
- Introducing “The BIG FORM” - on this consolidated form, you can:
- Join the PTA
- Sign up for Birthday Marquee
- Make a family donation to Eagle Excellence
- Sign up for a Business Sponsorship
- Purchase your ’23 - ’24 Yearbook HERE.
- Calendar is updated. Check it out HERE.
- PTA Chair positions are still available – if you are interested in becoming more involved, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org