Invention of Socks .
- In the 8th Century BC , the Ancient Greeks wore socks from matted animal hair for warmth .
- The Romans also wrapped their feet with leather or woven fabrics .
- Socks help absorb this sweat and draw it to areas where air can evaporate the perspiration .
More Facts .
- In 1589 William Lee Invented the first machine that wore socks because he felt his wife spent too much time weaving socks .
- In Japan a special kind of sock called Tabi was created so they could wear socks with their various thonged footwear .
- Apple stores are coming out with the I-socks, they will wipe out the need for shoes, but everyone says they're just slippers with a $200 price tag .
- There are different size socks that are made for various shoes, it depends on how much sock you want too hang out .
- Old socks are used to make hand puppets .