week of May 9, 2016
No Leadership Workshop on Monday, 5/9
Luncheon From Anne Hannah
Yoga for Educators- MCS educators are invited to attend free, mixed-level yoga classes this May. The practice of yoga has been shown to have many benefits- from healing injuries, to stress-reduction and mindfulness, to increasing strength and flexibility.
Staff from any building are invited to attend any class, or all three classes. Here are some details:
All classes will begin at 3:45 to allow teachers from all buildings to get there. Classes will be 1 hour long, ending at 4:45.
May 2nd- High School- Student Activities Room
May 26- Middle School- Room 308 (Srsly room) room change
May 31- Klager- Room 119 (OT room) date change
Professional Development Opportunity
Creating Content for Edu Path.file:///Users/kvillarreal/Downloads/EduPaths%20Summer%20Sessions.pdf
Leader in Me
I need every person in our school to fill out the Leader in Me staff survey. We need data, positive or negative, about how the Leader in Me works in our district. You don't need to be trained to fill out the survey. I have the link here and I have made several QR codes that can be used for easy access. I will send the survey to all of the parents at Klager. I would really appreciate adding something to newsletters to encourage parent response. I do have a paper copy of the survey if you think any parent would response using this format.
Fourth Grade-Middle School Fun Night
Middle School Fun Night on May 13, 2016!
All current fourth graders are invited to join us at our
May Fun Night, hosted by the Middle School PTSA
Friday, May 13th from 5:00-6:30pm @ the Middle School
· Admission is $4.00.
· Activities include dodge ball, crafts, games, music, and food concessions, as well as a chance to see your new school.
· Only 4th and 5th graders may attend during this session from
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm-sorry, no siblings.
· Parents are welcome to attend, or can drop off and pick up at the end of the event. Students will not be released before 6:30, unless signed out by a parent.
· Food prices range from $.25-$1.00 and will include pizza, popcorn, candy, pop, water, and sports drinks.
Please contact MMS PTSA to Volunteer or for questions at email@example.com
We have also swapped Theresa Phelps-Daves and Mellissa Dunny for a few weeks.
Fifth Grade Orientation
Walk to School/Bike to School
Jeff Wallace and Kathy O'Mara continue to keep the grant alive and the students walking to school. This program was recently honored at the See what Michigan is Made of Event: Governor's Fitness Awards held at Cobo Arena. They represented the 5 Healthy Towns as they received the Active Community Award.
- 5.9-5.13-3rd-grade MSTEP makeups
- 5.10.16-Admin meeting all day Karin
- 5.11.16-CIA/Professional Council
- 5.12.16-Klager SIP meeting 3:30
- 5.13.16-Instrument fittings for 4th grade
- 5.13.16-Middle School Fun Night-4th Graders invited
- 5.13.16-Movie Night-Ocean
- 5.16.16-Kindergarten Leadership Workshop
- 5.17-5.19-4th grade MSTEP
- 5.19.16-Grade level meeting
- 5.23.16-Leadership Workshop
- 5.24.16-PTO meeting
- 5.26.16-Preschool will visit Klager at 9:30 am and 1:00 pm
- 5.26.16-Luncheon from Anne Hannah
- 5.26.16-Business Expo at Farmers Market
- 5.30.16-No School-Memorial Day
- 6.1.16-5th Grade Orientation
- 6.2.16-Staff meeting
- 6.2.16-Tentative Date for Kids Against Hunger packaging
- 6.2.16-Kiwanis Vision Screening
From the Villarreal's
I did have to see the new Captain America movie with the family on Sunday.
District and School Improvement Goals:
Goal 1: All Manchester Community Schools students will become proficient in their literacy skills.
Goal 2: All Manchester Community Schools students will become proficient in critical thinking.
Goal 3: All Manchester Community Schools students will become proficient in mathematical skills.
Goal 4: All staff will engage in the district-wide continuous improvement process.
District Vision: Educational Excellence in a Caring Community
District Purpose: Manchester students are provided the stepping stones for success.