North Scott Jr. High Newsletter
Second Semester Updates
- ISASP Testing will take place April 5th-April 9th
Please avoid scheduling any appointments that would require you to miss the ISASP on:
- Monday 7:50-9:50
- Tuesday 7:50-9:50
- Thursday 7:50-9:50
- Friday 7:50-11:00
Also, make sure you are at school on time each of those days. For those of you that tend to be tardy for school, be sure you are getting here on time, not only every day but especially on those days. We will start testing right away.
A few other things...
- Make sure you do a full log out of your Chromebook before Monday - this will ensure that it is fully updated and ready for ISASP testing - this causes issues if it is not.
- Make sure your Chromebook is here at school and fully charged each day next week.
- Free Breakfast & Lunch: Students will continue to receive 1 free breakfast and lunch each school day through the end of the year. Students may still deposit money into their lunch account for additional snacks, drinks, and extras.
- The school board approved the 2 hour early-out schedule every Friday. This schedule will continue through the end of the year. (This applies to all North Scott Schools) This time will be used for our teachers to prepare to meet the needs of all our students including students who are quarantined.
- Track practice is in full swing! Please download our app below for upcoming meets and events.
Message from the Nurse
Thank you for your continued support with encouraging your student to follow the CDC/IDPH recommended mitigation guidelines at school and in the community during this pandemic
During 7th and 8th grade Social Emotional Learning Lessons, students are developing their critical thinking skills to make informed decisions using the D.E.C.I.D.E. model.
D - Define the Decision to be Made
E - Explore your Options
C - Consider the Consequences
I - Identify Your Values
D - Decide and Act
E - Evaluate the Results
Students have been viewing videos of their favorite staff members being put in challenging situations and discussing this decision-making model. Here are two of the videos!
We are asking that our students and families help us in our efforts to keep school going face to face and our students participating in activities. Just as we are following the health department recommendation inside of school, we are encouraging everyone to do these same things outside of school.
Wear a mask in public places
Social distance whenever possible
Wash our hands
Stay home if you are not feeling well
How to Stay Informed
Canvas can be found by:
North Scott School District Website/Canvas Login (bottom of page by Quick Links banner)
For information on how to set up/use your parent Canvas account:
The link below takes you to the school calendar and it has every event the JH has. If you want to know your child's sports schedule or when your child's concert is, follow the link. You can customize it to suit your child's schedule by clicking on view schedules, then check just the boxes for your child’s schedule & then click view.
Do you want to see all North Scott Jr. High's events? Go to our building calendar. Be sure to sign up for notifications so will you be informed about changes and cancellations through text and/or email.
April Schedule of Events
April 5th-9th: ISASP Testing
April 8th: Track Meet @ Bettendorf 4pm
April 13th: Track Meet @ Muscatine 4pm
April 14th: Wise Guys meeting
April 15th: Track Meet Home @ 4pm
April 16th: FCA Meeting after school
April 22nd: Track Meet @ Pleasant Valley JH 4pm
April 23rd: Comfort Day
April 27th: Track Meet Home @ 4pm
April 28th: Wise Guys meeting
May 3rd: Track Meet @ Bettendorf 4pm