Cougar Community Newsletter
May 2, 2022
A Message from Dr. Hicks
Hello Cougar Nation,
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! We are so thankful for our teachers, who are dedicated to serving our students to achieve great success.
Our teachers work tirelessly to design and deliver lessons.
Our teachers empower students, guiding them to reach their potential.
Our teachers give their energy and wisdom to provide the best education.
We are so grateful that our staff of teachers at Jarrell ISD are among the very best. We value their unwavering commitment to our students and appreciate all they do for us.
Thank you, teachers!
Your proud superintendent,
Dr. Toni Hicks Ed.D.
Click below to watch a special message to our teachers.
- The bond budget is on track to complete all the projects by the promised dates
- Furniture Vendor has been selected by the Furniture Committee - Meteor Education
Double Creek Elementary School
- The project is on schedule
- The contractor is working on piers for the foundation and installing site utilities - we can ask for drone footage for you to share
Jarrell Middle School
- Bids are in for the project; the Board will consider the final price on 5/4/22
Jarrell High School Parking Lot
- The contractor is on track to complete before graduation
Jarrell High School Stormwater Project
- The contractor continues to work on the detention and water quality pond
- The contractor remains on schedule to complete in the fall
Jarrell High School Athletics
- Work will begin soon for the Tennis Courts Expansion, Baseball and Softball Concessions, and New Batting Cages.
Jarrell High School Renovations
- This project is still in the early planning stages. The Schematic Design will go to the Board on 5/18 for consideration.
Congratulations Dr. Toni Hicks
Jarrell ISD Superintendent Dr. Toni Hicks is the newly elected representative to TACS's Executive Committee. TACS (Texas Association of Community Schools) is an organization representing public school districts across the state. The organization's purpose is to improve instruction in public schools, support educators with professional growth, and work with state lawmakers to provide quality education programs.
Four Day School Week
The district is exploring the option of a four-day school week. The starting point is a survey to get your feedback on whether this is something our families would find beneficial.
Several school districts across the state already operate on a four-day school week, with more districts adopting the model. Click on the link to take the survey and give us your feedback.
Mark Your Calendar
We're hiring! Share the news. Click on the image below to learn more.
See Something, Say Something
About Jarrell ISD
Location: 108 East Avenue F, Jarrell, TX, USA