TEACHER & STAFF TIDBITS
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!
Sometimes we forget the impact that we have as educators. Our school is a busy place and our teachers and staff are busy both onstage and offstage working on behalf of the 540 students enrolled in FPCS this year. So it’s not surprising that we often times don't always have the luxury of stopping to reflect upon the influence that we wield over the young people in our care. Often, it’s the little conversations, the friendly smile, or a simple compliment that mean the most to our students (and parents) – and while we might forget them by the time it comes to have the next quarterly meeting or plan the next lesson, those words can remain with a young person for a very long time, shaping their personality and their thoughts.
So, thank you to each and every FPCS Teacher and Staff member in our program. You are a superhero!
Open enrollment for medical, supplemental life, dependent life and flexible spending accounts will be held May 9 to June 3, 2016.
The benefits department is holding informational meetings regarding important changes for 2016. It is recommended that you attend one of these meetings. For those of you who are unable to attend, ASD will be recording the May 3rd meeting and posting the video on the Open Enrollment 2016 page of the districts website.
Note: the Important Reminder header at the top of this section is an active link and will take you directly to the Open Enrollment page.
SOME OF THE CHANGES:
- Open Choice PPO Employee Contributions will be (Sept.) $180.00/month for (Exempt, Totem, Non Represented, ACE, APA, Food Service, and Maintenance.)
- Consumer Driven Health Plan Employee Contribution will be $90.00
- Open Choice PPO & Consumer Driven Health Plan Employee Contribution rates for AEA have not been finalized. Contact the Public Education Health Trust at (907) 274-7526
- Teladoc - 24/7 access to a doctor by phone, mobile app, or online. Doctors can even prescribe short term medications so you don't have to take time off from work for an appointment.
- Enhanced Medical Travel benefits (reimbursement for a companion airfare & increased hotel reimbursements).
- ALL District covered employees MUST enroll through the Aetna Self-Service (ESS) portal.
- Enroll or re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) at the Benefits Department
- Enroll or make changes to Supplemental and/or Dependent Life insurance policies at the Benefits Department
- Add or Drop dependents from your benefits on the ESS portal and provide appropriate documentation to the Benefits Department.