Clover Flat Connection
Friday, April 24th, 2020
Packets, Chromebook, and Meal Pick Up on Monday, April 27th
- We will be collecting your completed Distance Learning packets from Round 1, passing out new Distance Learning packets for Round 2, and checking out Chromebooks.
- Chromebooks will only be released to a Parent/Guardian in student contacts. If you will would like to give permission for another person to pick it up, please email or call to give us the information.
- We will be available from 9:00-3:30, but we recognize that many families will also want to come during meal distribution, so we will again use the First Letter of Last Name Schedule. See Below.
- Meals will be distributed from 11:30-1:00.
- Mrs. Conforth will have a new costume, so come join the fun!
SCHOOL WEBSITE UPDATES
We will continue to update the school website and will share the same links and information that we do in these weekly newsletters.
If you click on the image, it will take you to the school website.
We Want Your Ideas:
Our first two weeks of Distance Learning is almost done. How did it go for your child and your family? Our teachers and support staff worked to reach every family these past two weeks.
We hope that you have gotten the support that you need, and if there is one thing we have learned so far it is that one size does not fit all. There are many other factors going on in each home that make this a challenging time.
We need your help, please let us know what is going well, what ideas or guidance can we help provide? No one is as smart as all of us, so please communicate your ideas or needs to us by email or phone.
Internet Access Option:
OPTIONAL, ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES
Free Tutoring for students K-12
Tutoring sessions every Tuesday and Friday from 5pm-7pm, April 14th-May 22nd.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Resources for Families
Update on Housing
- San Diego County has placed a moratorium on all evictions of residential and commercial renters in the unincorporated areas who have seen their income reduced or been otherwise substantially economically harmed by the COVID-19 pandemic, which will last until May 31.
- Even with the moratorium in place, affected residents will still be required to pay back the rent owed at a later date if they miss a payment.
- Legal Aid Society of San Diego has resources to help on a variety of topics including housing.
Support for Families
- Food Resources in San Diego County
- 2020 Census: Counting Young Children (Click here)
- The Parent institute for Quality Education (PIQE) provides empowering information, skills development and support systems for low-income families, communities of color, English Language Learner and immigrant families. Checkout their COVID-19 online resources in English and Spanish.
- Take Care of Your Teeth Too! Click here for oral hygiene recommendations during COVID-19 pandemic.