Week 9: October 17 - October 21, 2016
Tuesday, October 18th
- Jog-a-Thon - Habermacher's Homeroom
Wednesday, October 19th
- Jog-a-Thon - Lambert's Homeroom
YOLO Red Ribbon Week
- October 24-28
Wednesday, October 26th
- Early release day
Friday, October 28th
- Reflection Entries Due
Note from our Room Reps:
Show your Class Spirit!!
Please encourage your students to collect pledges from family and friends. The Jog-A-Thon Committee is doing surprises and parties:
(1) one Popcorn Party for the class in each grade level that has the highest average laps per student.
(2) one Popcorn Party for the class that raises the most money in pledges. PLUS the TEACHER of that class will WIN a PRIZE BASKET(two baskets include a 30 oz YETI!)
(3) The TEACHER’s who showing the MOST SPIRIT will be put into a drawing to WIN a PRIZE BASKET!!
- How to get entered into the drawing - SHOW Jog-A-Thon Spirit. Jog-A-Thon Committee Members will have tickets to enter you into the drawing. You can be entered more than one time. Examples to get entered are below:
* Make a sign and post in or near your classroom. You are encouraged to be creative with the sign. If your class has a team name or a team name for the Jog-A-Thon incorporate it in.
* Wear Super Hero or Villain Theme for the Jog-A-Thon & encourage your students.
- ex. Wear a shirt or socks
* Run, Walk, &/or Cheer your students on at the Jog-A-Thon
1) Volunteers needed for Jog-A-Thon. Signup on Reagan PTA website at this link
2) Jog-A-Thon next Tuesday & Wednesday (18th & 19th).
3) CLASS SPIRIT!! Please get together and make a sign to encourage your students!
4) Jog-A-Thon Theme: Super Hero & Villain, dressing up is fun!
YOLO! Red Ribbon Week Activities October 24-28
Monday October 24 YOLO! So Make Your Mark. Celebrate higher learning by wearing a college or career shirt. Hand out YOLO Spirit Sticks.
Tuesday October 25 YOLO! So Be “Red”-y to Make Healthy Choices. Wear red.
Wednesday October 26 YOLO! So “Lei” Off drugs and alcohol – wear Hawaiian attire.
Thursday October 27 YOLO! So Let’s Get Physical. Wear your athletic pants/sweatpants and sneakers.
Friday October 28 YOLO! So Be True to Your School. Show your pride in Reagan by wearing school shirt.
Parent Night Presentation
Thank you so much to everyone who joined us at parent night on Wednesday! It was great to see so many of you there. Here is our presentation from that night in case you want to see it, or if you were unable to attend.
Meet the 5th Grade Team
Front Row: Melinda Hoover, Jan Flores, Reagan Habermacher, Kellie Lambert
Here's what's happening in 5th grade this week:
- Division Strategies
- This week, our students had their homework 91% of the time. Last week, it was 83%. We're getting better each week! Thank you for all of your help in helping us get closer to our goal of 100%.
- Assigned Monday --> due Wednesday
- Assigned Wednesday --> due Friday
- The Homework is linked on Ms. Lambert's website under the "homework" tab (the link to Ms. Lambert's website is located at the bottom of this newsletter)
- Finish up Earth Adventure Unit
- Begin talking about our next unit: Environments
Continuing practice and work on:
- Answers Supported with Text Evidence
- Reader's Responses to Fiction texts
- Free writing
- Reading for Information
- Flocabulary Words -- Quiz Friday, October 21
-See student planner for daily homework assignments
-Please make sure your child is reading 120 minutes per week
Flocabulary Words for the Week:
Recording of The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate
Mr. Sib is a volunteer at our school. He has been reading aloud from this book when he visits us on Tuesday afternoons. Use the following link to listen to Mr. Sib read chapters from the book:
Elements of Story Video
We have completed our map of the Southern States and Capitals! Please review them each night. We will have the test in November.
- Original 13 Colonies
--Watch the video below to listen to a song that teaches the Southern Capitals and States!
Follow us on Twitter
Mrs. Habermacher & Ms. Lambert's Classroom Websites
5th Grade Website
Mrs. Flores = @JFloresteacher
Mrs. Habermacher & Lambert = @Lambemacher
Mrs. Hoover = @Hoover5th
Mr. Hurtado = @JohnFHurt
Mrs. Mackie = @jnymackie
Mrs. Pickens = @APickensclass
Reagan Elementary = #ReaganRays
Leander ISD = #MyLISD