NEWS AND NOTES
February 11, 2022 Parent Newsletter
A Note from the Principal
- Marquette will be in session on April 18th (Easter Monday), as a make-up day. RISE and Shine (Donuts) will be moved to April 25th.
- Lunch is open for March and will close on February 25th at 5 PM.
Due to the snow day last Thursday, February 3; our business office is working to process hot lunch refunds. These refunds will be processed during the first week of March.
If you prefer to not receive a refund, and have your funds serve as a donation towards the teacher and staff appreciation celebration in May, email Stephanie Jimison at email@example.com, no later than Friday, February 18. Please include your students name(s) in the email. Refunds will be credited to remaining tuition balances. For families who have paid their tuition balance in full, a check will be sent to the home address we have on file in FACTS. Our system does not allow for us to carry a balance of funds forward to pay for a future lunch order.
*A separate email was sent out, by Mrs. Jenkinson, regarding the missed Chick-fil-A lunch on Friday, February 4.
Week at a Glance
-8:30 Kindergarten Breakfast
-2:15 Valentine's Day Parties
-Kindergarten and 1st Grade Mass
-4th and 5th Grade Mass
-2:15 Dismissal for Conferences
-No Classes for Parent/Teacher Conferences
-Diocesan In-Service Day-NO SCHOOL
No School-President's Day
Marquette K-8 COVID-19 Data
Instructions to print your FACTS Annual Payment Summary
1. Log into Family Portal
Reminder the Marquette District Code in MS-OK
2. Click on “Financial” in the lower left hand corner (located in the red menu box)
3. Click on “Financial Home” located in the Financial Links menu box on the right
4. Click on “View Details” in the Payment Plan and Billing menu
5. Click on the blue “View Payment Summary” button
6. The Payment Summary that appears, lists all payments you have made to Marquette/ ECDC for the previous calendar year.
The FACTS Grant and Aid Portal is open for families to apply for tuition assistance for the 2022-2023 school year.
You may access the portal by logging into Family Portal by:
Clicking on Financial located at the bottom of the red box on the left side of your home screen
Click on Apply for Grant and Aid, located under Financial Links
Log into the FACTS Grant and Aid portal
Reminder: Your login credentials are different from the credentials for the FACTS tuition management website. You can call FACTS at 866-441-4637, if you need your password reset. If you have not previously set up an account in the Grant and Aid portal, you need to Create an Account.
The Grant and Aid Portal will close on April 15.
If you have any questions about tuition assistance, please feel free to reach out. I am happy to schedule an appointment with you to discuss the 5 different financial aid funds available to Marquette K-8 students.
Father Elkin's Birthday!
February 21st is Father Elkin's birthday. In celebration MHSA is providing donuts from Hurts Donut for all Marquette and ECDC students on TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 22ND.
Volunteering and Virtus
What you need to do:
- First, VIRTUS Child & Youth Protection Requirements have three components: 1.) the background check submission 2.) adherence to policies, procedures, and ethical standards, and 3.) the child & youth protection education training. Each component needs to be renewed every five years.
- Registration for First-time Users:
- Visit www.virtusonline.org.
- Select “First-Time Registrant” to create an online VIRTUS account.
- Follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions for completing the process (PDF instructions attached as well). We require all volunteers to start this process no later than two week before the date of volunteering.
- Update Existing Account:
- Registered volunteers are encouraged to login at the beginning of every school year to ensure that all personal information is correct. Upon login, your account will prompt you to complete any necessary requirements. Automated emails are sent through VIRTUS approximately one week before they expire. Please ensure that the registered email address is correct.
Yearbook Picture Submissions
February 14 VALENTINE’S DAY PARTIES 2:15
February16 &17 PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
(2:15 DISMISSAL ON FEB. 16; NO SCHOOL ON FEB. 17)
February 18 DIOCESAN INSERVICE--NO SCHOOL
February21 PRESIDENTS DAY--NO SCHOOL
March 2 ASH WEDNESDAY MASS
March 11 KINDERGARTEN Q/U WEDDING
March 12-20 SPRING BREAK
March 25 STATIONS OF THE CROSS
April 8 STATIONS OF THE CROSS
April 14 HOLY THURSDAY/LIVING STATIONS OF THE CROSS 2:00 P.M.
April 15 GOOD FRIDAY--NO SCHOOL
April 18 EASTER MONDAY-SCHOOL IS IN SESSION
April 22-29 Spring Book Fair
May 6 MAY CROWNING
May 13 FIELD DAY
May 16-18 8TH GRADE FINALS: 12:30 DISMISSAL FOR 8TH GRADERS
May 19 8TH GRADE GRADUATION
May 20 FIELD DAY MAKE UP DAY
May 24-26 6TH AND 7TH GRADE FINALS: 12:30 DISMISSAL
May 27 KINDERGARTEN GRADUATIONMay 27 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL: 12:00 DISMISSAL / NO AFTERCARE
2021-2022 Marquette School Theme
“Joy, with peace, is the sister of charity. Serve the Lord with laughter.”
– SAINT PADRE PIO