Alden-Hebron District 19
Our Mission Statement:
Alden-Hebron School District #19, in partnership with our community, will educate and inspire our students to reach their individual potential enabling them to be responsible members of society.
When Alden-Hebron Schools close due to inclement weather we are listed as: Alden-Hebron Dist.#19 - Hebron, Illinois
March 8-9th: MS/HS Play (HS Auditorium)
March 19th: Board Meeting (ES)
March 22nd: 1PM Dismissal
March 25-29th: Spring Break (NO SCHOOL)
April 1st: Student Return
If you have any questions, please call Dr. Debbie Ehlenburg at: (815) 648-2442 Ext. 1525
Earn College Credits @ AHHS
Smile Illinois will visit AH SD 19
April 15th, 2019
- The Mobile Dental Clinic will be visiting our school district on April 15th. Students and children of the district ages 18 months and up are eligible to participate. Forms will be sent home soon. Please contact the school nurse for more information or questions regarding this requirement.
Message From Nurse:
Please be mindful of these considerations as we strive to keep our school climate healthy and safe this winter season. These tips are especially important to address with young children:
· Skin rashes that peak late winter or early spring that may include headache, nausea, and muscle aches, sometimes appearing with bright red patchy rash to cheeks. Rashes usually fade within 4 days and no treatment is typically required
· If you or your child are sick or experience flu-like symptoms, CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone, with the exception of receiving medical treatment if necessary. (Fever should be gone for 24 hours without the use of a fever-reducing medicine)
· Flu-like symptoms may include cough, fever, sore throat, runny and/or stuffy nose, headache, body aches, fatigue, and chills. Some may even experience vomiting and diarrhea.
· Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. After using a tissue, throw it in the trash and wash your hands.
· Wash hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way!
· Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.
· Wear warm clothing that includes outerwear such as coats, hats, gloves, and scarves.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the prevention of germs and when to take action if your child is experiencing illness or flu-related symptoms, please feel free to contact the nursing office (815) 648-2442 ext. 1522 and your healthcare provider!
This years play will be....CLUE! The Musical!
Dates: March 8th-9th!!
Fall & Winter Banquet
Alden-Hebron Student Ambassadors!!
Not pictured Melanie Nielsen (Senior)
A-H District #19 Student Ambassadors participated in a Volunteerism Project that held a drive for Tiny Paws Animal Rescue. The fundraising efforts ran from December through March.
Donations were raised through marketing Valentine Candy Grams, hosting a virtual adoption event, sponsoring a 50/50 raffle, selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts, and procuring donations collected at sporting events. The students raised an astounding $1120.00.
In the Spring, the Student Ambassadors are planning on continuing their efforts by assisting K9s4U and Helping Paws Animal Shelter with their upcoming adoption events and collecting wish list items.The Ambassador's primary focus of these fundraising efforts is to bring awareness of this epidemic to the forefront. The situation is urgent and the Ambassadors believe that through compassion, education, and awareness we could elicit change and help save abused and neglected animals.
Pre-School & Kindergarten Registration
-Check out: the Scholarship page and get your applications in!
-Fill out: Student Community Service Log for the Giant Pride Program* (Due. 2/1 of graduating year)
-Meet with: University/College/Military representatives at lunch. Come learn about what they have to offer.
-Sign up to take ACT/SAT prep classes (MCC/Sylvan Learning/online)
8: H.S. Sophomore Day at MCC
12: MCC College Rep Visit During Lunch
14: Lake Lawn Lodge Lunch and Learn
22: 1:00 Dismissal
25-29: Spring Break
YOU CAN BE PART OF THE YEARBOOK!!
Attention ALL SENIORS!! Please send your baby pictures to Leigha Erckfritz!
Parents As Teachers Program
March 21st: St. John's Church 8:30-10:00 AM- Theme TBD