Archer Glen Elementary | February 2, 2024
Thursday 1 - Friday 16 | Kids Heart Challenge
Monday 5 - Friday 9 | Staff Appreciation Week
Tuesday 6 | Vision Screening
Monday 19 | Regular School Day (Weather Makeup Day)
Thursday 22 | PAC Dine Out at La Sierra Mexican Grill
Thursday 22 & Friday 23 | Talent Show
Parent Pick Up Line Reminders
Staff Appreciation Week, 2/5-2/9
Archer Glen will be celebrating Staff Appreciation Week from Feb.5th-Feb. 9th. With the support of some local sponsors, your PAC team already has great things in store to show all our teachers and staff how much we appreciate them. If you would like to do something extra special for a teacher or staff member, this is a great week to show them some love! If you need inspiration, please reach out to your classroom coordinator for an updated Amazon wish list or additional ideas for your teachers and staff.
Kids Heart Challenge Now thru 2/16
Kids Heart Challenge has officially kicked off, and we are so excited to learn how to keep our hearts healthy & happy! If you haven’t yet, register today to join the Legacy of Lifesavers and help kids with special hearts! Just for registering, your student will receive the KHC Heart Wristband! Check out our VIRTUAL ENVELOPE to learn more.
The American Heart Association is celebrating 100 years of saving & improving lives, and this would not be possible without YOU! Please join the AHA’s 100th birthday party by following these two steps:
- Register TODAY at http://www2.heart.org/goto/ArcherGlen or by downloading the free AHA Schools App for Apple or Android
- Start Finn’s Mission to learn Hands-Only CPR & raise lifesaving donations to help special hearts
- If we hit our school goal (100 students OR $3k raised), Mr. Shuckerow will be silly stringed! Participating students will be entered in a raffle to do the silly string - we will draw 15 names!
The American Heart Association is excited to extend their work with the NFL to support improving health outcomes at home and beyond through the Hands-Only CPR education. Students that complete the Finn’s Mission learning module will earn an entry for two tickets to Super Bowl LIX in 2025 and our school will be entered to receive a $10,000 fitness equipment makeover for every 18 completed Finn’s Missions.
Meet our very own Oregon Heart Hero, Jacob! Please take a moment to read Jacob’s story below. Thank you for supporting our school and the American Heart Association! Together, we are saving lives!
Free Vision Screening for All Elementary Students
Sherwood School District will be be hosting free vision screenings for all elementary students. Vision screenings at Archer Glen will be held on Tuesday, February 6. The testing will be done by Lions Club with helpers using the SPOT screening devices. The test is painless, is done from a distance, and does not touch your child's eyes or face.
Results will come to us in about a week. Most students pass the exam. Due to the amount of paperwork, we will only send home "not passing" results to parents/guardians in student backpack mail. If you want a copy of "passing" results, please contact our Health Services Department.
If you do not want your child to have the vision screening (opt-out) please contact our office. If you have any questions about the vision screening, please call Health Services at 503-825-5093.
Financial assistance may be available if your student needs an eye exam and/or glasses.
Talent Show, 2/22 & 2/23
2024-25 PreK Program - Apply Today!
Archer Glen PAC is currently looking for volunteers to help with the following areas:
- Popcorn Fridays (signups are in Help Counter)
- Spring Carnival
To use the HelpCounter app, please follow these steps:
- Step 1 Submit your background check.
- Step 2 Email the volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure that your background check has been cleared. This generally takes two weeks to clear.
- Step 3 Download the HelpCounter App onto your phone.
- Step 4 Create an account using the same email that you shared with the PAC coordinator.
- Step 5 Set your volunteer preferences and sign up for volunteer opportunities at Archer Glen.
Any questions about school-wide volunteer opportunities or if you need help with HelpCounter, please contact the PAC Volunteer Coordinator directly at: email@example.com
PAC Contact Information
AG PAC Facebook
Archer Glen PAC
Background Check 23-24
Helpful Information and Past Newsletters
Archer Glen Front Office: 503-825-5100
Archer Glen 24-hour Attendance Line: 503-825-5110
- Patrick Shuckerow, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Switzer, Administrative Assistant: email@example.com
- Judy Morales, Attendance Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hannah Stere, School Counselor: email@example.com
Previous Eagle Updates
- Archer Glen Elementary homepage
- Archer Glen PAC website
- Help Counter App Instructions
- Archer Glen Supply List for 2023-24
- Enrollment Information
- Champions (after school child care)
- School Lunch Menus
- SHARE Center | (503) 825-5087
- Sherwood Community Information
- Sherwood School District Calendar
- School Boundaries