New England Colonies
Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut
- Found in 1630 by John Winthrop. Also called the "Great Migration" in which people came over for a new beginning.
- Along the coast was a lot of fishing and there was ship building and trade.
- The colony was royal but it was under a charter.
- The estimate population was 235,808.
- Native tribes was Wampanoag and Nauset.
- There was the Puritans and the Separatist.
- The Salem Witch Trails is the time period where people was known for doing witch craft. There was 100- 200 arrest and 19 deaths from the outcome of the Trails.
- Found in 1623 by John Mason and John Wheelwright.
- The cash crop was wheat.
- It was a Royal colony.
- The estimate for population in 1770 is 62,396.
- The Native tribes there was Pennacook and Abenaki.
- You couldn't have any other religion except for Puritan.
- Was found in 1636 by Roger Williams.
- There was agriculture for money making and ship building and fishing.
- The colony was a Corporate colony.
- The native tribes there was Narragansett and Nipumue.
- The population there in the 1770 was 58,196.
- There was no religion base so it was free to Quakers Baptist and other religions.
- Was found in 1635 by Thomas Hooker.
- The money maker was manufacture and industries such as ship Building.
- It was a corporate colony.
- The native tribes there was Pequot and Mohegan (Mohican).
- The population in the 1770 was 183,881.
- The religion there was strictly Puritan.
Thirteen Colonies: the New England Colonies