Hawks Weekly News
St. Theresa - June 12, 2022
Mark Your Calendars:
- Fri. June 17 - Spirit Day - Beach Day
- Mon. Jun 20 - Grade 6 Math PAT @ 9:00am
- Wed. Jun 22 - Grade 6 LA Part B PAT @ 9:00am
- Wed. Jun 22 - Grade 7/8 LA Final Exam
- Thurs. Jun 23 - Grade 6 Social PAT @ 9:00am
- Thurs. Jun 23 - Grade 7/8 Science Final Exam
- Fri. Jun 24 - Grade 6 Science PAT @ 9:00am
- Fri. Jun 24 - Grade 7/8 Social Final Exam
- Mon. Jun 27 - Grade 7/8 Math Final Exam
- Tues. Jun 28 - Last Day of School for Students
June 16th - Papa Johns Fundraiser from St. Theresa Parent Council
Save 25% off any regular menu priced online order at http://www.papajohns.ca using the special promo
code STCS25 AND Papa John’s Pizza will donate 10% of the net orders placed on this date to our school.
This online coupon code can be shared with friends and family and is valid at the Sherwood Park Papa Johns location on June 16th during the opening hours of 11:00am-11:00pm.
St. Theresa 2021 - 2022 Yearbooks for purchase
This Week At St. Theresa
Grade 7 Cookie decorating
5U Soapstone Carving
Track and Field Zones
Ukrainian 8 class participated in the “Easter Monday” cultural tradition of “sprinkling water”! #ukrainianculture
Grade 6 Sports for life - biking in the rivervalley
Grade 8 ELA classes
Students have been reading, analyzing and discussing dystopian novels in Literature Circle groups over the last month in LA classes. For the summative activity, students had to create an original book cover for the novel they had chosen to study.
Pathways Bannock making
St. Sophia Parish Council is hosting a Ukrainian Day Camp this summer - Spots are filling up!
VACATION BIBLE CAMP ‘Kingdom of the Son’ - a Prayer Safari @ OLPH Parish Hall
Summer camps for our youth from the Archdiocese
OLPH Youth Night is looking for volunteers
OLPH Parish - Sacraments
We Remember, We Celebrate, We Believe
OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP PARISH
13 Brower Drive, Sherwood Park AB. T8H 1Y7
Phone : 780 467 5470 Fax : 780 467 0530
September 1, 2021
Welcome to a new year of Catholic education and faith formation for your child!
Each year, in a Catholic school, your child will learn about many aspects of their Catholic faith— including learning about the seven sacraments. In our Archdiocese, preparing children for the celebration of their own sacraments always occurs in the parish, with the support of the school: • preparing for First Reconciliation, and then First Eucharist, can begin when a child is 7 years of age and in Grade 2 or older
• preparing for Confirmation can begin when a child is about 12 years of age and in Grade 6 or older • special preparation is also available for children of any age who are not yet baptized
Most children attending Catholic schools are ready to receive at the ages shown above, but there is no such thing as too late. Are you seeking for your child to celebrate a sacrament, such as Baptism, First Communion or Confirmation? Are you ready to help them live out their Baptismal promises? Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish and Elk Island Catholic Schools are each involved in preparing your child for a Catholic sacrament along with you. It is a group effort, and everyone has a role:
• As a parent, the Church has always held that you are the primary teacher of the faith for your child. You teach them about God; set the example; talk about your own faith; and you bring them to Mass. • The place where the sacraments are celebrated and lived is the Catholic parish. We the people of God in the Church are each part of the Body of Christ. Being in relationship with the parish community (with all its challenges and blessings) is essential for your life of faith and that of your child. The preparation for, and celebration of, the sacraments happens in the parish church. • You must sign your child up for preparation at the parish. The school doesn’t do this part of the process for you. Catholic schools are a special place for children to learn more about Jesus Christ, to practice living in a community of faith, and to develop and deepen a relationship with Christ. We (Catholic parish and Catholic school) are eager to walk beside you and your children during this very special time. Please call OLPH parish office 780-467-5470, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.olph.ca/sacraments to get started or learn more.
As you prepare your child for their sacraments may this also be a special time for you - of deepening your own understanding and of growing in faith for the whole family!
Sincerely in Christ,
Rev. Jim Corrigan, Pastor
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish
A Roman Catholic Christian community.
We come together at our Lord’s invitation to worship God, celebrate the sacraments, and deepen our faith. We strive to be thankful, generous and welcoming, and are sent forth to help advance God’s Kingdom on earth by proclaiming the Gospel and serving others.
Confirmation Mass Announcement - OLPH June 2022
Mass dates and times for the Sacrament of Confirmation at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish have been scheduled as follows:
Saturday June 4 at 7:00 pm – students from Ecole OLPH, Holy Redeemer and St. Luke Catholic Schools
Sunday June 5 at 7:00 pm – students from St. Theresa and Archbishop Jordan Catholic High Schools
Wednesday June 8 at 6:15 pm – ALL other students
Please make note of the Confirmation Mass your child/students are scheduled to attend.
For each Mass we will be looking for 8 of our young people to volunteer to come up to read: 1 First Reading, 1 Second Reading, 6 Prayers of the Faithful
Each Mass will also need the following ministry volunteers, so please let me know if anyone from your family or school can volunteer in some capacity to support the Mass: Music ministry, Greeters, Ushers, Adult Server, Eucharistic Ministers, and Cleaners. Thank you in advance!
We are also working on plans to have a Cake & Coffee/Punch celebration in the Parish Hall after each Confirmation Mass. Everyone will be welcome! Please stay tuned for details!
Any questions parents can also contact the church by phone 780-467-5470 ext: 225.
Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
The St. Theresa Parent Advisory Council performs many vital functions for our school community, by helping to facilitate school wide student functions and providing valuable funding to our school via fundraising. Parents involved in the PAC learn about planning and development within the school and are part of the planning process. These roles make their involvement very important to the families, administration and teachers.
2021-2022 PAC Executive
Chair: Melissa Goulet
Treasurer: Kim Pennock
Secretary: Rosie Conrad
Fundraising Volunteers: Lindsay Tomalik & Leanne Doetzel
Meeting Dates for 2021-2022: All meetings will be held virtually at 6:30pm. A google meet link will be emailed the day of the meetings.
- November 2, 2021
- December 14, 2021
- January 25, 2022
- March 8, 2022
- April 19, 2022
- May 31, 2022
View our facebook and instagram accounts to view more fun weekly pictures