Friday 13th November
- Now the weather is turning colder it is important that children have warm clothing with them in school. We have been advised to maintain high levels of ventilation throughout the day and this will inevitably mean that the classrooms will become colder as the heating will be less effective. It is perfectly acceptable for children to wear additional jumpers etc if they need to.
- Don’t forget to send your child into school with a pair of old shoes or wellies that they can get muddy at playtime. We are still trying to use the field for breaks and we don’t want children to be walking around school or coming home in very muddy footwear.
- The government has published updated guidance for parents during the Coronavirus pandemic: https://bit.ly/36rrarX
- This week, our children had energy efficiency workshops delivered by Powerdown Pete. He taught them about how they can become more energy conscious and reduce their carbon footprint. Not only will this help to save the planet, but it will lead to savings on energy bills as well. Pete gave some suggestions that children can try at home – like switching off lights that aren’t being used, turning device off fully rather than just on standby, and not leaving the tap running when brushing teeth.
- We are considering options for our Christmas activities this year. Sadly, it is very unlikely that most of our usual events will take place. We know that we will not be able to do a nativity or production in the usual way, and can’t put on a carol service or Christingle. However, we are trying to get creative with our approach and sincerely hope that we can produce something that helps to mark this special time of the year.
- Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback on virtual learning reviews. If you have not yet completed the survey, we would be grateful if you could do this by 27th November.
- Today we have enjoyed seeing all the colourful outfits the children are wearing for taking part in BBC Children in Need. Thank you for your generous donations, we have raised an amazing £128.00. Donations can be made via ParentPay if you still wish to donate.
This weeks reminders:
- Next week we will be on WEEK 1 of the lunch menu. If you would like to make any changes can you please ensure you let the office know as soon as possible.
- Can I please ask you to check your ParentPay accounts regularly to ensure these are kept in credit.
Saxton Parents Calendar
Details of events and school activities. This is also accessible through the school website.
Staff Shout Outs
Please take a minute to complete the form below and let us know which staff go above and beyond! We can then take the time to recognise their efforts and let them know they are doing a great job!!
Car Parking reminder
Please be considerate when parking near the school crossing. If parked too close it can be very difficult to see if it is safe to cross, particularly at pick up time-thank you.