Sunflower Homes Monthly Newsletter
Upcoming Events and Activities
- April 19 Board Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
(3rd Wednesday) Hanford Clubhouse
- May 10 Swim Lesson Sign-up
(Wednesday) 6:00 P.M.
- May 11-13 Garage Sale 9 a.m. - ??
(Thurs - Sat)
- May 17 Board Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
(3rd Wednesday) Hanford Clubhouse
- May 27 Pools Open at Noon (Saturday)
Keeping you up-to-date
- March 15, 2023, General Meeting Minutes
- March 15, 2023, SVHA Financial Report
- April 2023 Newsletter (this will also be hand-delivered to your home)
As always, if you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com or call 734-453-2022.
Past Financial Reports and General Meeting minutes can be found on the Sunflower Website, click here to view them.
SUNFLOWER SWIM LESSONS 2023 Registration and Information
You can download and print the Swim Registration Form here.
Please bring the completed form with you to registration.
Open Registration: May 10 (6 p.m.-7 p.m.) - May 31 @ 12 p.m.
Late Registration: May 31 after 12 pm - June 15 @ 12 p.m.
SWIM LESSON REGISTRATIONS WILL NOT BE TAKEN AT THE POOL
Cost for a Two-Week Session (Monday-Thursday):
- For Residents: $65.00 per student per session
- Late Registration for Residents: $70.00 per student per session
- For Non-Residents (based on availability): $70.00 per student per session fees are due at the time of registration
- Checks should be made out to "Sunflower Village Homes Association"
- Private lessons are not available
- You must register for the second/third session before noon on the Thursday prior to the first day of the upcoming swim Session
- All registrations after May 10 will be handled through the Sunflower Office during normal business hours on a first-come, first-served basis
- 2nd and 3rd Session Registration
- The cut-off for registration is 12 p.m. (noon) on the Thursday prior to the start of Monday's session
- Registrations will be accepted at the Sunflower Office during normal business hours
- SWIM LESSON REGISTRATIONS WILL NOT BE TAKEN AT THE POOL
Swim Lessons Will be Taught:
Monday- Thursday mornings from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Gainsborough Pool
- Fridays are reserved for make-up sessions if a class is canceled due to bad weather.
- If the temperature is below 65 degrees at 9:30 a.m., lessons may be canceled for the day
- Sunflower Resident dues must be current to register your children on a first-come, first-served basis
- Children must be at least five years old to be registered
- The registration will require a parent's signature
- No refunds will be issued for missed classes
- No refunds will be given unless the session is canceled due to low enrollment
- Pre-testing will take place the week before each session. Sign-up for pre-testing will occur at the time of sign-up
Non-Resident Registration Information:
Non-residents who register for swim lessons will be placed on a waiting list and will be notified by 3 p.m. on the Thursday prior to the start of class if openings are available
- Cost for non-resident student registration is $70.
- Be prepared to provide SVHA with a check for $70 made out to Sunflower Village Homes Association at the time of registration. We will hold the check along with your registration until the time your child is placed in a swim session
- If your child is not placed in a swim lesson due to lack of availability, your check will be shredded at the end of all swim lesson sessions for the year and you will be notified that the check has been destroyed
Reporting Potholes in Wayne County - Report A Road Hazard
Copied from the Wayne County Website.
Did you just hit a man-eating pothole or dodge a mattress on a freeway that fell off a truck? Maybe you just passed through an intersection where the traffic signal wasn't working or saw a missing stop sign. We want to know about it so we can take care of it. Here's how you can help us solve your road problems in Wayne County:
Report hazards at 1-888-ROAD CREW
report on their website - click here
By calling this 24-hour, toll-free number, you will talk to a road maintenance employee who will take your information and direct it to the appropriate crew for action. Don't worry if the hazard you report is in Wayne County, but may not be on a county-operated road. We'll take any report that isn't ours and pass it along immediately to the appropriate city or state agency.
SVHA Gardening Help
In addition to asking for help, we are in search of some seasonal plants that residents may be willing to split from their own gardens to help populate these same areas. We are looking for perennial plants such as Black-eyed Susan's, Daffodils, Tulips, and Stella d'oro daylilies. If you have some to share, please drop them off by the garage door to the west side of the Hanford Clubhouse. We will take it from there. Thank you!
Friendly Reminder: SVHA Annual Dues payment were due March 1st
Dues for 2023 are $325 per home.
At this time, dues are considered past due.
- Dues paid between April 2 and May 1 will have a total due of $395 ($325 + $70 late fee).
- Dues paid after May 1 will have a total due of $430 ($325 + $105 late fee).
After May 1, interest will be charged at 6% per year in addition to the posted late fees.
Payment plans are available. Please reach out to the Sunflower Office at 734-453-2022 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information on payment plans.
Help Wanted: Zone Reps to help deliver the Newsletter
Delivering the routes generally takes about 15-30 minutes to complete.
There are specific routes that need reps:
- Route A10 - 37 homes total; Portions of Bartlett Dr., Embassy Dr., and Plum Hollow
- Route B8 - 34 homes total; Maidstone Rd.
- Route C8 - 29 homes total; Bryn Mawr Rd.
- Route D6 - 29 homes total; Lambeth Way and part of Waddington Rd.
We can always use backup zone reps to cover absences if that is a role you may be interested in.
Please email email@example.com or call 734-453-2022 if you would like to volunteer.
Thank you for your consideration.