Westside Middle School
May 20, 2022
Friday, May 27th
- Last day of school- Dismissal at 12:00 (all buses will run to and from school).
- The building will close for the day starting at 1:15.
Last Day of School Information
What to Bring:
- Students will not be allowed to bring anything but a pen/pencil and a lunch if they choose to.
- If they anything more than that, they will have to check it in and pick it up in the main office at dismissal time.
- School day will be from 8:00-12:00.
- All buses will be running. There will be NO Late bus.
- If they want a school sack lunch they will need to sign up for one in their homeroom by Monday, May 23rd.
- If the student ordered a yearbook, it will be distributed to them in homeroom at the beginning of the day.
- There will be a few extra yearbooks for sale the last day of school starting at 7:30. This is first come first serve and there will NOT be another way to order them.
Lost and Found
- Please check the lost and found in the main office for any missing items. We will donate all remaining items on June 3rd.
End of the Year Expectations
Students are expected to be off school property by 3:30 (3:00 on Wed) unless they are working with a teacher.
All lockers will need be cleaned out by Thursday, May 26th.
After School Library
Important Information From the Nurse
Parents please pick up your students' medications/EpiPens/inhalers. Whatever is left in the health office will be discarded at the end of the day on the last day of school on Friday, May 27th. Remember students may not take the medication home--they must be picked up by a parent/guardian.
School Physicals and Immunizations: All incoming 7th graders are required to have a physical on file in the health office before starting school in August. Please turn in your school physical forms and updated immunization documentation.
All incoming 8th graders participating in sports will need a sports physical dated after May 1, 2022.
Tech NEWS FLASH!
IF you are a WHS or WMS student planning on returning to Westside this fall…
THEN keep your iPad this summer.
IF you have ANY chance of not returning to us in the fall…
THEN check with your building Tech Support office and drop it off your iPad Air, charger, cable, Apple Pencil, and keyboard case.
Westside is joining many other metro area districts who let their secondary students keep their school 1:1 devices over the summer.
This has several advantages:
• Opportunity for continued student learning throughout the summer
• Opportunity for students to learn new skills and make new creations
• Individual devices will be available to students for summer school, AP, and other coursework
• Quicker start-up in the fall for returning students
Please see the attached document providing critical guidelines for properly using, maintaining, and keeping your iPad and accessories safe. These guidelines are very important—have your iPad ready to use in the fall.
Have a great summer….use your iPad to do great things!
Create something new
Learn something new
Use it well—and especially, BE KIND!
Incoming 7th & 8th Grade Orientations
Orientation for all incoming 8th graders will happen on Wednesday, August 3rd 2:00-6:30
This is an open house style orientation, so you may come when you are available.
Things to do at orientation:
- Pick up schedule
- Get locker
- Walk the building and find classes
- Get school photo taken
- Sign up for in district busing
- Turn in all Medical/physical forms
- Scan finger for lunch account
Westside Unified Events
Westside Show Choir Camp
Have you always wanted to be a part of Westside show choir? Maybe you want to improve your voice or learn how to shake those bad dancing habits? Sorry parents, this ad is just for the kids. Westside Middle School is hosting their annual summer show choir camp June 7-11 at Westside Middle School for any student entering 6th, 7th or 8th grade in the Fall of 2021. Students will learn to sing and dance a full show as well as gain insights into the audition process for Westside Middle School Show Choir. Registration and more information can be found at the website: https://sites.google.com/westside66.net/westside-middle-school-choirs/edge-show-choir-camp.
Does your family need assistance?
This is a fast and easy way to help our building without fundraising. Watch this video to see how it works. https://youtu.be/WS2u4s1J63c
Below is a list of business that participate in TAGG. Remember to select Westside Middle School!!
Kim Eymann - Principal
Brian Stevens - Assistant Principal (He will handle all questions on Busing)
Dean for 8A & 7C
Jenni Allen - Assistant Principal & Director of Special Services
Dan Carlson - Dean & Athletic Director
Dean for 7A, 7B, & 8B
Corrie Philo - Dean for 7D, 8C, & 8D (Handles all questions on after school Library)