Instructional Materials Newsletter
Updates and News Regarding Proclamations, etc
SBOE Announces Updates to TEKS Review and Revision Schedule
- Additional time is needed for review/revision of updated science TEKS
- SBOE moved up the review/revision of social studies TEKS to 21-22
- SBOE pushed back the review/revision of mathematics TEKS to 22-23
- Adoption cycle was revised with these changes
- SBOE will not issue a Proclamation 2023
[Action Required] Submission of TEKS Certification by May 7, 2021, to purchase materials in EMAT when it opens for school year 2021–22
School districts and charter schools are required to certify annually to the State Board of Education and the commissioner that, for each subject in the required curriculum other than physical education, students have access to instructional materials that cover all the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS). Districts and charters must submit certifications to receive access to ordering 2021−22 instructional materials through EMAT. Any district that submits a form prior to May 7, 2021, will be able to order from EMAT when it opens on May 10, 2021, for the 2021–22 school year. The due date for the form is May 28, 2021, and EMAT access will be provided within 5 business days of form submission.
TEA has updated the process for TEKS certification. The certification must still be ratified by the LEA’s board of trustees or governing body in an open, public-noticed meeting. The recommended steps are included below:
- Download and fill out the blank Excel Template or blank PDF Template. The form asks LEAs to indicate the instructional materials the district has adopted or plans to adopt for the 2021–22 school year for each grade level and core subject or core course. Note: this document will not be collected by TEA, however the information included matches what will be required for submission in the online form.
- Bring completed form to Board to obtain approval.
- After Board approval, complete the required, online form found here: 2021–22 Allotment and TEKS Certification Form. Note: The district representative completing the form will be required to confirm information has been approved by Board via the survey. Signatures are not required to be uploaded or submitted.
If you have any questions, please submit an Instructional Materials Help Desk ticket.
IMCAT Summer Institute Virtual Training Series - June 15-16, 2021
The Instructional Material Coordinators' Association Annual Summer Institute features all the information you will need to begin your school year. The virtual training series will include six live one hour sessions on June 15 and June 16. Each live training session will cover a different topic and Q&A with the instructor. Click here to view the tentative schedule.
Registration fees include all six live sessions. Click here for IMCAT's W-9.
IMCAT Member (employee of Texas school or open enrollment charter school): $95 (you must be a current member and logged into your member profile to receive this rate)
Non Member (employee of Texas school or open enrollment charter school): $145 (includes IMCAT 2021 membership)
Representative of Commercial Enterprise: $750
* TIMA funds may be used for registration cost.
* All registrations are nonrefundable. Credit will be issued for future IMCAT events.
Tentative topics for each session:
Session 1A – Tuesday, June 15, 8:30-9:30 am
Welcome and Overview, TEA guest speaker
Session 1B – Tuesday, June 15, 10-11 am
Identification of TIMA Team and collaboration amongst roles; introduction to EMAT including registration/permission, mandatory training, how to log on and confirmation of contacts, address and summer ship dates
Session 1C – Tuesday, June 15, 11:30 am-12:30 pm
Compliance with Texas Education Codes, Allotment and TEKS Certification; Disbursement Requests, Requisition or both; Closing out SY20-21 and preparing business and IM ledgers
Session 2A – Wednesday, June 16, 8:30-9:30 am
Overview of EMAT, EMAT Reports, Biennium Allocations, District's Curriculum Focus and Proclamations
Session 2B – Wednesday, June 16, 10-11 am
Ordering Consumables from previous adoptions; consideration to special populations when projecting/planning purchases; Accessible Instructional Materials (Braille and Large Print), Out of adoption materials and summer workers
Session 2C – Wednesday, June 16, 11:30 am-12:30 pm
Ordering new instructional materials (requisition and disbursement request routes); reimbursement for shipping; legislative update from Colby Nichols