November 16, 2015
Week at a Glance
Monday, November 16
- Book Fair in the library all week
- Can Food Drive Still happening until Dec. 4th
- No SBDM meeting today
Tuesday, November 17
- Kerri out to Principal's meeting
Wednesday, November 18
- Math CBA 2-5
- Science CBA 2-5
- Fall Favorite Luncheon-Sign up to bring something in lounge
- Meet the Teacher for Nally's Class
- Book Fair open until 6:30. Candiss would appreciate help!
- Advanced Academic Math Competition
Friday, November 20
- Awards Ceremonies - 8:30 AM: First - Third; 9:30 AM: Fourth & Fifth-Although I think we should dress nice for Awards Ceremonies, I know that Candiss gives out spirit sticks for wearing a spirit shirt. Spirit Shirts with jeans will be acceptable, except at the end-of-year ceremonies.
- Book Fair is closed at noon
- 3:45-Thanksgiving Break begins!
Tibits of Info
- Thanks to everyone for bringing samples/questions to Norma. I hope she was able to help each of you with something that will help the students in your grade level.
- Thanks to Traci for coordinating the Taste of Richland. Thanks to Richard for getting the 5th Graders prepared for their performance. They sounded great! Thanks also to all the staff members that helped prepare food, set up, serve, and clean up the event. We really appreciate all the hard work that Felipe put into the evening too! Thanks to Kristen and Candiss for keeping the book fair open late. As always it takes a village to have a successful event!
- Report Cards go home this week. Please have all grades posted by Tuesday. Also, please get all names for awards to Traci by Tuesday afternoon too! You may want to practice hand shakes with kids. They were very surprised and didn't quite know what to expect when I shook their hands.
- Great News! We now have a librarian! Her name is Dr. Elizabeth (Betty) Carter. Her first day was last Thursday. Some of you may have met her if you stopped by the library. Betty is a retired librarian and we are very lucky to have her join our staff. She is very knowledgeable about books, loves to read, teaches on the university level and is super excited to be at RES. Due to the fact that Betty will be part time, we will be changing our specials schedule. We will now have library on Monday and Wednesdays and computer lab on Friday. This will open the computer labs for WIN time on Wednesdays, which was something that most teachers wanted at the beginning of the year.
- We have another great addition to our staff! Payton Nally will be our new second grade teacher. She is a recent graduate of TWU and came highly recommended. Payton is excited to meet her students on Monday and will meet parents on Thursday night. Please stop by to welcome Payton to our school.
- I will be asking for 6 weeks test data to be sent to both Chad and I in an EXCEL document, not a PDF. I need the following reports: 1. Student Learning Breakdown; 2. SE Performance by Tested subject and teacher; and 3. Student Individual Responses by Teacher. Once you open each report, just go to the print menu. Select "Print to Excel". The report will open in EXCEL. Save it as your name then abbreviation of report name. Example: Hill-SLR; Hill-SE Perform; Hill-SIR. If you need help, Chad, one of the coaches or I can run reports once you open up Eduphoria. For the upcoming six weeks we will be able to run these reports for you if you share the tests with us.
- We will be sending home the third six weeks calendar to parents with report cards. Please send any important events that should be included for your class, grade level or program to Traci by Monday.
- Thanks to Michelle for planning and hosting a great baby shower for Kinley and Caitlyn! We can't wait to meet this new baby girl!
- Nov. 21-29-Thanksgiving Break
- Dec. 1: Norma here to work with 4th Grade Teachers and AABLE
- Dec. 1: 4th Grade Fundraiser Night at El Chico
- Dec. 1: Kerri to Principal's Meeting
- Dec. 2: Budget Meeting
- Dec. 3: District PTA Holiday Luncheon
- Dec. 4: 3rd Grade to the Nutcracker
- Dec. 4: Richland Hills Tree Lighting
- Dec. 9: Art/PLC
- Dec. 11: Spelling Bee @ 8:30
- Dec. 11: Birdville Show Choir Concert @ 2:15 in cafeteria
- Dec. 15: Richland Choir Christmas Concert @ 6:00 PM
- Dec. 16: PTA provide luncheon for Christmas
- Dec. 17: Sing Along-Early release at 12:30 PM
- Dec. 17: Staff Christmas Party at Mama Mia's Italian Grill @ 6:30 PM
- Dec. 18: Holiday Parties-Early release at 12:30 PM
Taste of Richland
When your Project Innovate iPad has been updated to iOS 9, you will have the ability to mirror your iPad to your computer via Reflector 2 software. After tech support remotely installs Reflector 2 on your teacher computer you can project your iPad (or iPhone) screen for a whole class to see, interact with, discuss, and analyze. Apps, videos, on-line textbooks, digital formative assessments, and the camera feature can be projected in a large format.
Submit a Tech Services Helpdesk ticket to have the software installed to your teacher machine at your convenience. Click here to learn more about using Reflector 2.
Technology Tip & App of the Week: Google Classroom
Google Classroom is a virtual environment that is designed to help teachers create and collect assignments paperlessly, including time-saving features like the ability to automatically make a copy of a Google document for each student.
Colors: Red and Blue
Grade Levels: Pre-Kindergarden-5th Grade
Remind Staff Link Info: https://remind.com/join/resataff15