January 2015 LMC Newsletter
New Year - New LITERACY Focus
Primary Source Lesson Collab
- Observe the documents
- Who created it?
- When was it created?
- What is the first thing you see?
- Examine the details
- What do you see that is unusual?
- What words resonate with you the most?
- Promote students inquiry
- Speculate on the source and its creator:
- What was happening at this time in history (time period)?
- What was the purpose in creating the document?
- How do they get their point across?
- Who was the audience?
- Are there biases or stereotypes?
Check out this site too for lots of other neat primary digital resources.
Movie Scripts - Compare and Contrast the book to the script!
Flipping Lessons - Resources
While this website is close to having TOO much information, definitely check it out. I warn you though, you might end up going from link to link for hours. So much amazing information and wonderful resources!http://cybraryman.com/flipclass.html
- ONLY techies are permitted to bring tablets to the media center. If a non-techie brings me a tablet to fix, they will be sent back to class.
- New student tablets will be delivered to homeroom by techies. Homeroom teachers MUST email me when the new student has returned their tablet forms. I will not give the new student a tablet until I am notified by the homeroom teacher that all forms were returned.
- Students should NOT bring chargers to school. Please remind students that they need to leave their chargers at home. If they lose a charger at school, they will have to pay $30 to replace it.