ROTORUA FOR ISLAND ESCAPE CRUISES
Thermal delights & Maori culture experience
Wonderful Maori Culture & Thermal Activity
On leaving the port we travel along our beautiful waterfront & beach, giving information about Tauranga & Mt Maunganui.
En route to Rotorua, we stop at Okere Falls, with a short walk into the bush to view a spectacular waterfall &, possibly, some white-water rafting.. As we approach Rotorua, background information is given on the city.
Clients travel along the lakefront, through the Government Gardens, stopping at the Rotorua Museum, the Historic Bath-house, to explain the background of this fine old building.
After proceeding to Te Puia, the Maori Cultural Centre, clients are given a personalised tour of the old pa site, through the thermal grounds (of boiling mud, geysers etc.) & shown the wood-carving school, flax-weaving & the kiwi bird. This is followed by a Maori Welcome onto the marae, before entering a meeting house for a performance by a Maori concert party.
A lunch will then be enjoyed.at the Regent Boutique Hotel.
Owing to sailing times, it is normally then time to head back to Tauranga, via Pyes Pa Rd, which provides an opportunity to view different scenery on the return trip.
Clients will have a wine tasting at the prestigious family-owned Mills Reef Winery before travelling through the CBD & over the harbour bridge, and returning to ship-side.
While travelling, your driver/guide for the tour will give a commentary explaining points of interest.,
COST: Adult $210.00pp. (Includes Te Puia costs, lunch & Mills Reef wine-tasting)
OTHER CRUISE-SHIP TOURS WE HAVE AVAILABLE:
- Local Tasting Tour, visiting a boutique brewery, two medal-winning wineries & finishing with a cocktail & dessert.
- Waitomo Tour to the world-renowned caves & Glow-worm Grotto
- Our company specialises in small group tours. We aim to give a personal experience and to avoid the anonymity often felt on large coach tours
- Although we have some set tours, we can customise a tour to ensure that you see and do exactly what you want
- We are 100% New Zealand-owned and operated. Our professional driver/tour guides have an extensive knowledge of the areas covered, which ensures that their information is both interesting and informative. Their proficiency in the English language, combined with clear enunciation, ensures commentary quality.
- We can pick you up from/return you to local accommodation, your cruise-ship at the Port of Tauranga, or further afield, if required.
- Lyn & Paul Marston have owned and operated Tauranga Tasting Tours & Charters for over twelve years, and aim to give you an experience you won't forget - for the right reasons!.
Private and Personal Tours to suit
Reduced price, on enquiry, for larger groups. For groups, this tour can be changed to a transport-only price, with clients' option of activities/venues. Read our reviews on www.tripadvisor.co.uk
Tauranga Tasting Tours & Charters has been run for the last 14 years by Paul and Lyn Marston. Paul is usually your driver and guide and he has a huge repertoire of knowledge...and bad jokes. Always good company.