Every Student, Every Day
For Week Ending Friday, September 23
Highlights from Mrs. McMillan, 2nd Gr - Click on the Video
Upcoming Dates & Events
- Sept 28 - Fall Picture Day
- Sept 28 - Author Christina Soontornvat Visits 4th & 5th Grades
- Oct 5 - Walk to School Day (details below)
- Oct 6 - Good Morning, Hosp on THURSDAY due to no school Oct 7
- Oct 7 - No School (Staff Development Day)
- Oct 10 - No School (Columbus Day)
- Oct 14 - 4th Grade Field Trip to Storytelling Festival
- Oct 17 thru 21 - Fall Book Fair
- Oct 18 - Kindergarten Field Trip to Pumpkin Patch
- Oct 18 - Lunch with Loved Ones (during normal lunch period)
- Oct 18 - Hosp Spirit Night at Palio's Pizza (Legacy Dr)
- Oct 21 - Good Morning, Hosp
- Oct 24 - Coffee Talk with Mr. Else (topic & details below)
- Oct 26 - Make Up/Retakes for Fall Picture Day
- Oct 27 - 3rd Grade Red Ribbon Program at 8am
- Oct 28 - PTA Color Run Fundraiser (more details to come)
Picture Day is Wednesday, Sept 28
There are 2 ways you can order photos:
1 - Via the paper form sent home in Thursday folders this week (requires check/money order/exact cash - no change can be made), or
2 - Via online at www.schoolpixinc.com (requires credit card). You will need to provide the Hosp School Code = 1617-0060.
- Solid colors in bright to dark tones photograph well.
- Due to Green Screen Technology, please AVOID solid green clothing.
- Avoid large patterns which can draw attention away from the most important part of your portrait….YOU!
Questions? Call School Pix's Customer Service at 972-334-9140.
Multicultural Minute Deadline is Oct 3
If you have questions or need another copy of the form, contact PTA Chairwoman Bharathi Chanal at email@example.com.
The New WatchDOG Link is Live - Sign Up Today!
Background checks are required every school year so if you haven't completed yours yet, fill it out here. It can take 7+ business days to process.
- You will get a system-generated email once you've been approved.
- If your background check hasn't cleared 48 hours before your scheduled date, you will have to reschedule - best to do it now!
***Sign up here.***Important to Read Below***
- We are using a different website this year called Sign Up Genius, which requires you to have an account.
- If you do not have an account already, you must JOIN to create your account. Do not select "Create a Sign UP". You just need to JOIN (if new to the website) or LOGIN (if you already have an account with Sign Up Genius).
- A great benefit of Sign Up Genius is they will send you a reminder, which dads asked for last year via the survey.
- You'll get an email reminder 2-3 days prior to your date on campus. If you know you need to reschedule, please remove yourself from the Sign Up slot so another dad can take your spot.
Please Note: This volunteer program is first come/first served, so if the date you want is already full we suggest checking back at the below link periodically to see if your desired date has opened up.
Questions, contact Dan Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sing & Dance at Camp Rock
Centennial High School Choir will host “Camp Rock” on Saturday, Oct. 15. Parents get a morning or afternoon off while students get a T-shirt, snack, and a few hours of singing and dancing. Open to grades K-5th. The kids will put on a concert for parents at the end of the session.
Sign up today at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f44aba72ba4fb6-camp.
Questions? Please contact Ben Oehlschlaeger email@example.com.
Good Morning, Hosp & Birthdays
GMH Schedule for 2016-2017 School Year
- October 6 and 21
- November 4 and 18
- December 2 and 16
- January 6 and 20
- February 3 and 17
- March 3 and 17
- April 7 and 21
- May 5 and 19
- June 2 (last day of school)
- GMH always starts at 8am and the goal is to be done at 8:30am.
- Parents are always welcome to attend and can leave at any point during the assembly.
- All visitors must sign in for a badge at the front office to attend. If your Driver's License hasn't yet been scanned this school year, you must bring it with you. You cannot attend without a photo ID,
- RSVP emails (so your badge can be pre-printed) will begin in October. You are not required to RSVP - it is a courtesy we provide so you can avoid the check-in lines in the office - but we cannot pre-print your badge if your Driver's License has not yet been scanned this school year.
- Visitors from outside the US must bring a valid passport every time they visit campus.
Birthdays at GMH
We love to celebrate birthdays at GMH with students coming on stage and dancing/singing along to the birthday song. We celebrate all birthdays for the month during the last GMH of that month (for example, all October birthdays will be celebrated at GMH on 10/21).
Birthday Policy Reminder - Classrooms
Treats of minimal nutritional value are allowed in the classroom only on the 3 designated party days (Winter Break, Valentine’s Day and End of Year).
- Teachers celebrate every child’s birthday in a variety of ways.
- If a student would like to pass out something to all classmates, suggestions are: Pencils or Markers, Bookmarks, Non-edible goodie bags, Stickers or Donate a book to the classroom with their name on it
- Students issuing invitations to individual birthday parties or other celebrations may only do so at school if all students in the homeroom class are invited. These birthday invitations must be passed out at the end of the day with prior permission from the teacher.
- Floral arrangements, balloons, cookie grams, etc. are not considered appropriate during school hours and will not be delivered to the classroom.
Reedy is Offering Petite Mums & Spirit Items for the Community Parade on Oct 12 & Forthcoming on Oct 14
Parent Sanctuary and Lending Library Now Open to All Parents
Frisco ISD's In-Home / Parent Trainers recently launched a Parent Sanctuary and Lending Library at the Early Childhood School, 10330 Red Cedar Drive in Frisco. The room is designed to be a peaceful place for all parents and teachers to find resources, support and inspiration. It will be open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, with parent trainers available on Fridays.
The Lending Library contains books related to general parenting, parenting children with special needs, children’s books about special needs and how to teach children about special needs, as well as books about sensory strategies, social skills, behavior strategies, raising gifted children, siblings, teaching tools and research.
The Parent Sanctuary and Lending Library was made possible through a grant by the Frisco Education Foundation.
Next Topic for Hosp Coffee Talk on Oct 24
As a reminder, Hosp's Coffee Talk series will take place monthly for parents to come learn about all the amazing things going on at Hosp. This is an informal opportunity to spend time with your administrators so come with questions and enjoy a cup of coffee while you're here.
We hope to see you on Monday, Oct 24 at 8am in the library!
Registered Nurse Substitutes Needed!
FISD is accepting applications to substitute in its schools’ clinics. You can specify certain days, a school or schools, elementary/middle/high schools, etc. – it’s your choice.
Requirement - active Texas Registered Nurse license.
Daily rate - $150.
Please click here to learn more: http://www.friscoisd.org/employment/substitutes#q3