Glenview Weekly Update
January 26, 2022
-Please make sure you read our Nurses' Corner today. It provides information on new quarantine rules and protocols for our students.
-Kindergarten registration will be held on February 10th and February 17th from 9am-1pm in the multipurpose room. Please bring proof of residency, updated immunization records, and your child's birth certificate. Please contact the main office if you have any questions.
- Please continue to pack an extra mask with your child. Also, please encourage your children to bring a water bottle each day. We do have fountains with filler stations for everyone to use.
Make sure you check out our Glenview Ave. School Facebook page!
Mrs. Lauren Orfe
(856) 547-7647 x 6000
HADDON HEIGHTS PARENT TEACHER GROUP NEWS AND UPDATES:
· THIS FRIDAY, JANUARY 28th! Virtual Family Trivia Night is back for a second time and will be held on Friday, January 28, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. Join us for fun kid-friendly trivia about geography, history, entertainment, our town, and our very own elementary schools' staff and teachers! Prizes will be awarded! Please see attached flyer for more information and instructions on how to register.
· DEADLINE ON MONDAY, JANUARY 31st! The HHPTG is supporting the Ronald McDonald House of Southern New Jersey through their "Pull for the House" program. Throughout January, we are asking our elementary schools community to collect tabs from soda cans, energy drinks, soup cans, and other aluminum cans. Once collected, please drop your tabs off to a labeled bin on the porch of 100 7th Avenue, Haddon Heights by January 31, 2022. This program provides revenue to help families of seriously ill children stay in the Ronald McDonald House of Southern New Jersey.
· SAVE THE DATE - WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 23rd! The next HHPTG General meeting will be held on February 23, 2022. Calling all current volunteers, new volunteers, and parents and guardians who are interested in becoming involved in running events, creating supplemental learning opportunities for students, investing in our teachers, and so much more! Stay tuned for more details about this meeting.
· In light of health and safety concerns around recent COVID-19 community infections, the HHPTG will unfortunately not be holding our previously scheduled Valentine's Dance on Friday, February 11, 2022. Please stay tuned for information on an outdoor elementary school-wide Spring Fling Dance later this year!
Fundraiser Info For 6th grades
Please see attachment and link!
Cyber Safety Parent Announcement
We are happy to announce that we are hosting our cyber safety parent night again! We are lucky enough to have a special agent with the Department of Homeland Security and a detective with the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office to join us and present this critical topic on cyber safety for our students! We are so excited to also present this to our students for an assembly!
The detective will be covering topics such as:
1. Cyber bullying.
2. How and why to make your social media/gaming accounts private.
3. The dangers of meeting people online, not sending/asking for/posting inappropriate images/videos online.
4. Possible consequences of not being careful online.
Please see the flyer attached.
Parent conference- 2/23/22 6 pm Haddon Heights Jr-Sr High School
January 27th- COVID Testing for Students 7:30am-9:00am (see nurse's corner for more info)
January 28th- College Day! Wear your favorite college or university gear!
February 8th: HHPTG Assembly "Fire and Ice"
February 18th Staff In-Service
February 21st: No School
February 23rd: Cyber Safety Parent Night
Lessons of the Week!
Mrs. Lutz's 1st grade
Mrs. Lutz's first graders made observations to explain why camouflage is helpful to animals. They played Moth Hide and Seek, and tried to find camouflaged moths. Then, they discussed which moths a hungry bird would find first first, and why. Finally, the first graders designed their own moth to hide in the classroom!
Phase Two: effective January 26, 2022, all Haddon Heights students who meet any of the following criteria should isolate for at least 5 full days and may return to school on day 6 if they are asymptomatic:
- test positive for COVID-19 infection
- have symptoms of COVID-19 (including those waiting for test results or who haven’t been tested)
- are exposed close contacts age 12 or older who completed the primary series of a recommended COVID-19 vaccine, but have not received a recommended booster shot when eligible or who are not fully vaccinated.
Returning students on days 6-10 will need to wear their masks at all times, including at recess. Students will also eat lunch in an auxiliary room until the 10 day timeline is complete. If you do not want your child to follow these protocols for lunch, you may sign them out for lunch, and sign them in upon return. If you have any questions regarding our new protocol, please contact the main office. We thank you in advance for your flexibility during this time.
They must wear a well-fitted mask at home and in public through day 10. Symptomatic individuals must remain isolated for the 10 day period. The most recent NJDOH COVID-19 Public Health Recommendations for Local Health Departments for K-12 Schools can be found at the link below. COVID-19 Public Health Recommendations for Local Health Departments for K-12 Schools In previous communications we notified parents and guardians of testing opportunities for their students. These opportunities are listed below for your review. Testing for Elementary Students: Bell Pharmacy will provide COVID-19 testing for students on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. beginning on Tuesday, January 25, 2022. The testing will be offered at the Glenview Avenue School in the multi-purpose room. Please enter through the Sycamore Street doors. Testing is available for all Haddon Heights elementary students grades PK-6 (ages four and up). Anyone who wants to utilize this free voluntary COVID-19 testing program must pre-register at least 48 hours in advance. The link is below.
Breakfast Menu- February
Breakfast- February 2022
Grab and Go Breakfast
Breakfast will be served at all elementary schools. This will be a “grab and go” style where students can take it to their homeroom. Breakfast is FREE for all students for the 2021-2022 school year. Please help yourself each day. Should you not want your child to participate in the free breakfast program, please advise your child’s teacher. Thank you.
Lunch Menu- February
Lunch- February 2022
As you know, the school lunches are free. As the students enter their classrooms, the teacher will ask each student if they brought lunch from home or if they are getting a school lunch. The teachers will take the students' school lunch orders based on the menu choices for that day. The menus are located on the school website. If the student is getting a school lunch for that day, we will assume that you approved your child to receive and consume the school lunch.
Any Questions? Call HHSD: 856.547-1920 ext. 5535