November 2, 2018
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Thursday, November 8 - First Grade Field Trip to the Oil Ranch
- Thursday, November 8 - 5th Grade Field Trip to see The Little Mermaid Musical
- Friday, November 9 - Veteran's Day Celebration at Rennell - see flyer at the bottom of this newsletter for more info!
- Tuesday, November 13 - Rennell Texas Roadhouse Spirit Night
- Thursday, November 15 - PTO Spirit Night at Marco's Pizza
- Friday, November 16 - Field Day! K-2 will be from 9:15-11:30 and 3-5 from 1:00-3:00
We are so proud to announce this week's Akers' All-Stars pictured below:
Ceanna Jilleen-Elodie Adjobi-Kadjo
Lunchables Lunchroom Concerts
DRUM ROLLLLL PLEASE!
Here are the 2018-19 Art Club students:
Art Club meetings started this week! Information on how parents can pay the $15 art club fee will follow soon.
**Thank you to all who contributed and donated boxes/packaging to the art department, we now have enough material to work with and no longer need donations.**
Rennell Library welcomes... author/ illustrator Ross Burach! Students may purchase a Ross Burach book from a book store or online and send it to the library for autographing. All books for signing should be sent to the library no later than November 14th. Students in Grades K-2 will enjoy the presentations from 9:00-3:30 on November 15th! Great things are happening in the Rennell Library!
GT Open Referral
It is that time of year for the Gifted and Talented Open‐Referral Period. This year the window falls between October 1 –November 30, 2018. The HORIZONS Open-Referral Period for GT testing applies to current Cypress-Fairbanks ISD students and to transfer students arriving after the close of FALL testing.
If you are interested in having your student tested for the GT program, the Parent Survey and Permission to Test form must be completed and returned by the deadline. Forms are available below and at the front desk.
Parents may also go on the CFISD website under the Horizons Gifted and Talented tab to find more information.