Success by Design: March 21-24
Community MeetingThe superintendent will travel throughout the district to meet with community members to discuss the proposed bond package. The Superintendent will host a community meeting at McMillen on March 30 at 6:30pm.
If a student with an IEP is enrolled in an honors or AP level course, we must follow what is stated in the IEP, even if it does not adhere to your department practice. For example, if a student is allowed to retest or given extended time to complete assignments, this accommodation must be met. An IEP supersedes any department or school practice.
April 12 8:25 and 4:30
- June 6 is a contractual work day. You can bank hours against that day by volunteering to work outside your contractual hours at the following:
- April 23 8:30-12:30 Teacher Job Fair
- Serving on the McMillen Awards Committee (log hours with Nakessha Jones)
- AP Practice Session (log hours with Sarah Fisher)
- Saturday School Supervision 8:30-12:30 (Contact JD). If you would like to sign up to monitor Saturday School, please sign up on the Google Doc. We need at least 2-3 teachers monitoring students:
You must have 6.5 hours documented if you do not want to use a personal day on June 6th.
Campus Staffing Update
Due to our increased enrollment, we will gain three teaching allocations next school year. Course request will drive our staffing of the building. This increase may result in traveling teachers. If anyone needs to travel, we will discuss this option before we all leave for the summer. If you would like to volunteer to be a traveling teacher, please contact Tracie.
It will be critical that you update your grades to give an accurate picture of those students in need of mandatory tutorials. Stickers will be placed in your boxes by Monday morning. We will have a final list of eligible students by Tuesday afternoon. We do not want substitute teachers distributing stickers. If you will be absent, an administrator will distribute the stickers during 4th period.
Lunch Survey Results