NEWS FROM TEAM BOLINGER
In and Around the Classroom
- We are studying NC history in Social Studies right now and are having a guest speaker from the Vance Birthplace come in tomorrow, weather permitting! We also had a school assembly with drummers from Kenya yesterday, and that was AWESOME!
- In writing, we are finishing up a persuasive letter and will be starting personal narratives this week. Later in the month we have arranged an author visit from local author Joyce Hostetter, author of the historical fiction novel Blue, which we are currently enjoying as a read-aloud. She will talk to the students about the writing process. We also sent home order forms yesterday for students to buy autographed copies of her book if they wish.
- In reading, we are learning to identify the main idea and supporting details of nonfiction text.
- There is a family dinner and dance tomorrow (Thursday) evening with a pizza dinner beginning at 5,and the dance starts at 6:15. I sent home a flyer today about another upcoming dance for 4th and 5th grade only on February 25th. This is a fundraiser for 5th grade's trip to D.C. This will be an age-appropriate dance with group activities and dances where students can have fun with friends.
- We are seeking items for the silent auction for Spring Fling, our huge fund raiser in April. If you or someone you know can donate an item, please let me know!