HES Summer School News
Visitors/Walking Students In:
Our front doors are always locked during the day to ensure the safety of both students and staff.
Please schedule an appt with Chellsie 417-443-3361 (option 3) if you are needing to visit the elementary.
Students will have teachers meeting them at the front HES doors to help them walk to class on the first day-last day of summer school. Parents are asked to stay in their vehicles or pull all the way forward to the drop off line if you wish to walk your child to the front doors.
Please see below regarding drop off procedures in the morning.
We understand there will be fun vacations, family gatherings, plans, etc. but if you can please notify the office of these absences so we can get them documented correctly--we greatly appreciate that!
Pick Up- Drop Off
Please continue to use one lane for morning drop off for the continued safety of students.
Students are to be dropped off on the sidewalk at the Elementary’s front entrance.
Please do not use cell phones during drop off.
Dismissal @ 3:50--- Buses will line up out front per usual and car pick up info is below:
Students being picked up will follow a new procedure to create a safer, more orderly environment for dismissal. Due to Kentling Ave and the front of the elementary school being a designated fire lane and needing to remain clear in case of emergency, we will utilize Saddle Club Road to the north of Highlandville Elementary for dismissal of car riders.
- Cars or trucks should enter the northern most lane of Saddle Club Road. Follow Saddle Club Road around and pick up and exit facing east.
- Do not use cell phones while picking up your student. This is for the safety of students and staff.
- Staff will load the children. Do not encourage students to approach the vehicle.
- Please refer to the dismissal map. We appreciate your cooperation during the implementation of this new procedure as we work to improve service to our students and families.
Students who are attending summer school will need:
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen (whether it be face stick/spray)
- Personal germ-x if supplied by parents
- General school supplies (pencils, crayons, scissors, glue and a notebook or two)
Students must have an updated immunization record on file before attending school.