George Week in Review
for the Week of October 10-14
- The computer lab computers were distributed to the teacher classrooms to add additional desktop computers for student use. All classes from grades 2-8 will have class sets of Chromebooks. Classes in Kindergarten and 1 st grade have 8 Chromebooks in each classroom, 5 desktop computers, and access to iPads carts one for every two classes.
- An alternative recess room is being established to give students a place that they can go instead of being on the playground. Identified students in need of a different social setting or those working on social skills will be invited to attend. In addition, teachers will be given a special pass to hand out to students as a reward. We hope to get this up and running by November 1.
- Teachers will be receiving professional development on using the Quick, Quality, Questioning Cards to help students develop higher level thinking skills. These cards will be utilized in all content areas and help to present lesson ideas for teachers that incorporates writing. Teachers will be receiving this PD in November.
- Statewide Earthquake Drill on 10/19 at 10:20 AM
- Parent Teacher Conferences, October 20-21 & 27-28, 2016
- Superheroes Reads Night, October 25, 2016 from 5-8 PM
- Red Ribbon Week, October 24-28, 2016