December 15, 2014
News From The Nest
School Closings and Early Dismissals
In case of inclement weather situations, the Central Bucks School District may decide to close the schools, delay the beginning of the school day - or dismiss students early.
If you would like to receive a text message to your mobile phone for these closings, delayed openings and early dismissals, please subscribe as follows:
- Ensure your school has your cell phone number on file. Parents who have completed the Census Verification Forms for their children and provided their cell phone numbers will already have those numbers in our database. Parents can also review the cell phone the school has on file by reviewing their demographic information on the Parent Portal under Family>Family Members.
- If the school does not have your cell phone number on file, request that the number be added through your child’s school. Wait at least 24 hours before trying to join.
- From your cell phone, text the word Join to the number 56360.
If our messaging system finds a match for your number in its database, you will receive a confirmation message thanking you for joining School Alers. At any time, you can unsubscribe by texting Stop to 56360.
Create a contact on your phone for Central Bucks School District with the number 56360. This will insure you can identify texts coming from Central Bucks School District.
We also recommend that you use one of the following media to keep up with the possibilities of school closings and early dismissals:
- The Central Bucks School District webpage at www.cbsd.org.
- The Central Bucks School District newsline at 267-893-2000 extension 6.
- Channel 69 (Channel 15 on Suburban Cable) and public Channels 3, 6, 10 and 29 run an alphabetical list of snow closings and late starts across the bottom of the screen.
- Radio stations KYW – Philadelphia (1060 AM) and WNPV – Lansdale (1440 AM). CB’s school closing number is 755. The closing number for the Central Bucks Community School is 779. Station BEB (B-101) – Philadelphia (101.1 FM) offers special snow closing phone lines.
Please be advised that only the Superintendent’s office – and not the individual principals – can declare a weather emergency in the Central Bucks School District.
Words from our 6th Grade Ambassadors
Junie B. Jones Series
Happy Holidays to Mrs. Siegle from her Wowie-Wow-Wow First Grade Class!
Here are the new books for our library from Mrs. Siegle's class:
- Junie B. Jones and a little monkey business
- Junie B. Jones and her big fat mouth
- Junie B. Jones and some sneaky peeky spying
- Junie B. Jones and that meanie Jim's birthday
- Junie B. Jones and the mushy gushy valentime i.e. valentine
- Junie B. Jones and the stupid smelly bus
- Junie B. Jones and the yucky blucky fruitcake
- Junie B. Jones has a monster under her bed
- Junie B. Jones has a peep in her pocket
- Junie B. Jones is a beauty shop guy
- Junie B. Jones is a graduation girl
- Junie B. Jones is a party animal
- Junie B. Jones is (almost) a flower girl
- Junie B. Jones is a Captain Field Day
- Junie B. Jones is not a crook
- Junie B. Jones loves handsome Warren
- Junie B. Jones smells something fishy
Looking for a holiday gift for a student or teacher? Consider dedicating a book to the Doyle Library! It is a wonderful way to honor or remember someone and support the library at the same time. The librarians can help you select a book, or you can order a favorite family book.
The Book Dedication Program expands the Doyle library and makes someone feel very special.
From Home and School
Winter Enrichment 2015
- Winter Enrichment classes will start the week of February 2nd. Look for the class schedule in mid-January.
- Anyone wanting to offer a class, please contact Kim Kelly via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to offer a course but aren’t sure about the topic, feel free to contact me for ideas.
- Our popular LEGO course is in need of an instructor this year if anyone in interested.
- New this year: 1 or 2 week courses for those that have ideas or talents that may not stretch for 4 weeks.
CB Cares - Boomerang Awards
December Assett: #34: Cultural Competence
Young person has knowledge of and comfort with people of different cultural/racial/ethnic backgrounds. They accept and appreciate differences in people; they establish friendships with those from different backgrounds. We might notice that they do not tolerate jokes or other put-downs that demean people of different backgrounds.
December 17: Avenue of the Arts/Winter Concert, Grades 5 & 6 @ Lenape MS Auditorium
December 19: Wesley Assisted Living Performance (6th grade band, chorus and 5th & 6th grade string students)
December 24: Begin of Winter Break (through January 2)
January 1& 2: Winter Break
January 19: No School, MLK Day
January 23: Market Day
January 23: Family Fitness Night
January 26: Stop Cyberbullying, 7PM @ Lenape MS
January 27: Early Dismissal, End of 2nd MP
January 28 - 30: Scholastic Book Fair