Anderson School News! 3/1/21
We're "Digging In" to Learning
Dates to Remember
- Wednesday, March 3rd: Portillo's Elgin Dine Out Fundraiser
- Thursday, March 4th: Monthly PTO Meeting 7pm (2021-2022 Board Election)
- Thursday, March 11th: Yearbook Order Deadline
- Thursday, March 25th: Panera South Elgin Dine Out Fundraiser 6am to 9pm
- Thursday, March 25th: Pinot's Palette Virtual Paint Party Fundraiser 6pm
- Friday, March 26th: School Improvement Day- No School
- Monday, March 29th - Friday, April 2nd: Spring Break - No School
- Monday, April 5th: School Resumes
- Thursday, April 8th: Monthly PTO Meeting 7pm
- Thursday, May 6th: Last PTO Meeting of the School Year! 7pm
- Tuesday, May 4th: Chipotle S Elgin PTO Dine Out Fundraiser 4pm to 8pm
- Friday, May 28th: Last Day of School (if no emergency days are used)
Have you taken the survey yet? We want your feedback!
The Parent Survey is currently open. Take the survey by visiting https://survey.5-essentials.org/Illinois/ and select the appropriate survey. Make sure you enter Kane County in the box for county even if your home or your child’s school is in DuPage County. This will allow you to correctly select your child’s school.
Doorway to Learning, Doorways to our World!
Learning can be a doorway to the world. Last month at Anderson, our doorways helped us learn more about our world.
Check out these awesome doors designed by our students. Let’s learn together!
Our students were featured in the D303 Monthly Newsletter. Click below: see page 4.
From the Anderson PTO
Portillo's Dine Out Fundraisers
Pinot's Palette Virtual Paint Party
Calling all our creative foxes! This is the event for you! Join us Thursday, March 25th at 6:00pm for a virtual painting party hosted by Pinot's Palette in St. Charles. The cost is $30 per paint kit. All materials you will need to paint your masterpiece will be provided. An instructor will walk you through step by step instructions over zoom to create the adorable spring fox painting you see to the right. Our finished piece will have optional royal blue flowers to show our Anderson Fox pride. Materials will be delivered to school and you can either choose to pick them up at school or we can make arrangements to deliver them to your home. All are welcome to participate (moms, dads, grandparents, cousins...). There will a limit to 100 families due to the companies zoom licensing limitations. The deadline to sign up is Thursday, March 18th. We CANNOT accept late sign ups, as the company needs time to put the paint kits together. Questions? Contact Lisa at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time to Order Your Yearbook
District 303 Kindergarten Registration (Be a kind neighbor)
"Hmm, that new family that moved in down the street.... do they have a kid going into kindergarten?" If you have ever asked yourself that question, please forward this email to them, text them, tell them to call Anderson School. We want to help them register now!
The District 303 Kindergarten enrollment process for the 2021-2022 school year will be virtual! Between January 19 and March 12, families will be able to enroll their kindergarten-age children by visiting the Kindergarten Registration & Information page of the District 303 website. On the site you will find:
The New Student Intake Form (coming January 19, 2021)
The Kindergarten Step-by-Step Guide for registration
Health and Dental exams and immunization information
Contact information for all elementary schools
Information about Full Day and Half Day Kindergarten