East Elementary: Excellence at Work
Staff Newsletter for 2015-2016, Episode 2
Everything is Awesome when you work at East Elementary!
YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST!
FALL PARENT NIGHT
Please see the schedule below:
4:30 - 5:30: Resource Support with the Curriculum Office at East Computer Lab (Come and Go)
5:30 - 6:15: K/1 Parent Night, 2/3 Book Fair Time
6:15 - 7:00: 2/3 Parent Night, K/1 Book Fair Time
5:30 - 7:30: Book Fair Open for Business
Bus of Blessings Donation Drive
The is not a competition between classes but we will have a school wide send off party and all staff will be able to wear jeans on Monday, October 19th if we meet our goal. Please encourage your students to participate.
Thank you to our Specials Staff for bringing this idea to our team!
Please join others in our district in honoring Paula Rogers for her years of service to HISD!
DI Time: Enrichment and Intervention
Focus on Relationships
Looking Ahead: September Blueprint
- September 14: Bus of Blessings Drive Kick-Off
- September 15: AR Committee Meeting at 3:45
- September 15 and 17: 3rd Grade RtI Meetings
- September 18: Heritage Festival Day for 3rd Grade
- September 21 - 25: Book Fair Week
- September 22: Title I Parent Night and Family Night at Book Fair (5:30 pm - 7:30 pm)
- September 22: Data Meetings (WW Schedule), Design Team Learning (3 pm - 4:30 pm)
- September 23: Sunshine Fund Money due to Denise ($15)
- September 24 and 25: 1st and 2nd Grade RtI Meetings
- September 25: Honor our Police Picnic and Potluck
- September 28: Parents may begin eating with students
- September 28 and 29: Literacy Learning: (K/2 - 28th and 1/3 - 29th)
- September 29: Paula Rogers' Retirement Reception
- September 30: Western Day Pictures, Positive Parent Logs due, Faculty Learning (4 pm - 5:30 pm)
- October 2: Western Day Activities
Just a Few Other Reminders...
- Please consider making a donation to the Hallsville Education Foundation. Remember that campuses with 100% participation will earn jeans for an entire week! There are also weekly drawings for prizes. Your donation form must be submitted by September 25th.
- We have updated bus procedures for afternoon duty. Please be sure you've read the email that was sent out on Friday about a couple of changes that we have made.
- Clipboards and hooks have been ordered so that we can station behavior slips in the cafeteria for breakfast, lunch, and bus times. We encourage you to utilize the slips to praise good behavior and to notify students of when they are not following our CHAMPS rules.
- Sunshine money is due to Denise by Wednesday, September 23rd. $15 is due now and $10 will be due in January.
- Please remember the importance of being on duty at your assigned time. This is crucial for the safety and security of our students. Notify Mrs. Goulden or Mrs. Zucosky if you notice a concern related to duty schedules.