Mrs. Berger's Weekly Update!
December 7th 2015
There are only two weeks left until Winter Break. I am sure your kiddos are getting excited, but hopefully they can stay focused for the next two weeks before enjoying two weeks off!
Please read the important information below for updates for the week!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
April : )
Click above to view and print the weekly progress goal tracker
- Interim Assessments in iReady begin today and should be completed by Friday. These will count for 10% of the math and language arts grades at the end of the semester. Please encourage your student to try their best so that we can have an accurate picture of how they are doing. The tests are not timed so if they need to take a break, have them take a break vs. rushing through the test. Please do not help them. These assessments are designed for us to see their strengths as well as their weaknesses.
- PE Log #3 was due last Friday. If you have not sent it to me please do ASAP.
- The end of the semester is quickly approaching. If your student is behind in any subjects they are encouraged to catch up and complete those extra lessons between now and the end of the semester so their semester grades are not affected.
- MANY items are due next month. Please see the calendar below for important due dates. The Q2 work sample cover sheet is posted on symbaloo for your reference. You may turn things in early if you prefer and they are completed.
- I will be contacting everyone regarding scheduling of Q2 conferences this week.
- I have a new phone number and a new address. My contact information above and my email signature have been updated to reflect the changes.
- Your kiddos are excited to be our Weekly Olympian. Please see Symbaloo to sign up if you haven't already!!!
Mark Your Calendars
2nd Quarter: November 5th to January 27th
- 4th LP3 PE Log Due 10/29-12/1
- 21st-January 1st Winter Break
- 15th LP4 PE Log Due 12/2-1/12
- 15th PE Semester 1 Assignment Due
- 15th Q2 Work Samples Due- Original Work
- 15th Composition Due- “Persuasive” Unit 4 Pre-writing & Final Paper
- 15th Math TGA Due- Unit 5 Lesson 13
- 15th Literature- Critical Skills Assessment- Unit 9
- 15th History Writing Assignment Due- Unit 5
- 18th Martin Luther King Day- No School
- 24th-29th National School Choice Week
- 27th End of Quarter 2 / 1st Semester
- 29th LP5 PE Log Due 1/13-2/17
Check the weekly OLS plan for links to the following weekly class connect sessions:
- Homeroom: Mondays 9:30a.m. (Optional)
- Math: Tuesdays-Fridays 9a.m.
- Language Arts for GUM and Composition: Tuesdays and Thursdays 11a.m.
Student Support Classes
Students may be invited to 1-3 classes per week. The students invited to the classes are subject to change weekly. Links to the classes, if invited, will appear on your weekly plan.