Fork Shoals Library Ledger
News for the week of September 3rd
Did you read this summer?
Students who read 500 pages or more will be invited to a summer reading party, and the top readers in each grade will receive a fabulous prize! (More details about the summer reading party will be provided later.)
Book of the Week: Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes
Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes, written by Eric Litwin and illustrated by James Dean, is nominated for the 2013-2014 South Carolina Picture Book Award.
I can see Rocking in My School Shoes being hugely popular as a beginning-of-the-school-year read aloud. Luckily, there’s also an amazing website (http://www.harpercollinschildrens.com…) that goes along with all of the Pete the Catbooks, so those of us with less-than-great singing voices don’t have to do the singing ourselves!
It’s easy to see why so many of my students like all of the Pete the Cat books. (I can’t keep them on the shelves!) Pete is kind of a cool cat, the stories are predictable, rhythmic, and easy to read, and they are full of colorful illustrations.
Dates to Remember:
- September 3-5 - K5 and 1st grade library orientation
- September 3 - News Team applications due
- September 3-27 - Fall MAP testing
- September 4-5 - News Team auditions
- September 6 - Summer reading logs due; News Team announced; Ms. Knight out (Her sister is having a baby!)
- September 9 - SIC meeting, 7:30am
- September 10 - Chick-Fil-A Night Out, 5-8pm
- September 13 - Spirit Day
- September 18 - Fall pictures
- Remember to return all forms as soon as possible.
- Be sure to write your child’s names in belongings that could be left at school. Our lost and found will be sent to charity once a month.
4th and 5th grade only
PASS scores and an explanation letter are in folders this week. Please review your child’s scores and let us know if you have any questions.