2020-2021 Reopening Plan
- Students and staff need to have their masks with them at all times.
- Masks or face shields will be worn when we are unable to social distance, entering and exiting the building, traveling through the hallways while switching classes, and small group work scenarios.
- Each student should have a Ziploc bag to place their mask inside when it is not being worn
- Names should be written on the mask and Ziploc bag.
- Bandanas are not an acceptable mask. Gaiters or face shields are acceptable to be used as masks.
- Any graphics on the masks must be school appropriate.
- We will receive one mask per student from the state. We will hand these out on the first day. If students do not have a mask for the first day, we will have disposable masks available as students load the bus or exit their vehicles in the car rider line.
ENTERING AND EXITING BUILDING
- Masks must be worn when entering and exiting the building but can be removed once the student is seated at their desk in the classroom
- Students can no longer be dropped off early in the foyer.
- All students need to arrive either as a car rider or bus rider. We will begin unloading car riders at 7:35 and bus riders will be dismissed at 7:45 to allow for staggered waves of students entering the building.
If you choose eLearning the following applies:
- All eLearning will be online. We will not be providing paper packets.
- If you do not have internet access, the following places have access where you can upload assignments: Monroe-Gregg School District parking lots, outside of the Monrovia Community building, and the Wilbur fire station.
- It will be your responsibility to download assignments and upload assignments if you do not have wi-fi capabilities.
- Consistent attendance will be an expectation according to the student handbook.
- Grades will be assigned using the current classroom grading scale per the student handbook.
- Students who enroll in eLearning must complete the semester in an eLearning format.
MATERIALS AND CLEANING
- Students will sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting each classroom.
- Students will have individual materials.
- High touch items (such as PLTW equipment) will be cleaned at an increased rate.
- We will have one grade level in the cafeteria and one grade level in the gym at a time.
- We will have five students per round table in the cafeteria instead of ten.
- We will set up rectangular tables in the gym for additional seating during lunch.
- Orders will be taken each morning.
- Breakfast will be delivered to classrooms.
- Classes will be assigned to designated restrooms.
- Classes with restrooms in their classrooms will use the classroom restrooms to reduce the number of students using the large restrooms in the building.